cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decreased my Utilization from 80% to 60% - Should I wait to Apply for Chase Slate, or Apply Now?

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Decreased my Utilization from 98% to 70% - Should I wait to Apply for Chase Slate, or Apply Now?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Blue no 42 no wait 16.......A squared plus B squared = C squared?!

Message 21 of 32
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Decreased my Utilization from 98% to 70% - Should I wait to Apply for Chase Slate, or Apply Now?

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Blue no 42 no wait 16.......A squared plus B squared = C squared?!

Heart

Message 22 of 32
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

I need an Adult!

Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@leo222 your scores are not high enough for Chase or Barclays. Combined with your utilization thats going to be a denial. Thats the hard truth about credit. Those who need it the most have the hardest time of getting it. options:

Option 1 is bsacilly what you wanted to do when you created this thead. Find a balance transfer card. Find another lender thats not Chase or Barclays that has 0% offer. For this I think you need a credit union. This is what they do. I would try local but some of the larger national credit unions might appeal to you. 

Option 2 is just deal with the interest. Continue to snowball (which you are already doing by paying down the smallest AMEX). Pay off one compleley, then the next, then the next. The downside to this is your will be paying interest. Which you were already doing while going through your financial crisis anyway. 

Message 24 of 32
leo222
Contributor

Thanks everyone for your replies, they've been really helpful! I should add (and I think I stated it before), that I think I over-estimated my utilization. Discover has an online FICO Scorecard, and they have my revolving utilization at 77% (not 98%). Obviously, it would be best to get the actual credit report, to be exact, but that would mean that my updated utilization (once the CC companies report the new lesser balances) should also be lower than 70%.

Again, I appreciate the help!

Message 25 of 32
leo222
Contributor

Just to update further, I downloaded my credit report. I had a LASIK loan with Care Credit that I paid off a few years ago that remained open, as well as a couple retail cards with no balances that I hadn't taken into account. The utilization will be around 60%.

Message 26 of 32
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It sounds like you are already in pretty deep.

New cards = opportunity to get deeper and deeper.

What's the exit strategy?

Message 27 of 32
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@leo222 your scores are not high enough for Chase or Barclays. Combined with your utilization thats going to be a denial. Thats the hard truth about credit. Those who need it the most have the hardest time of getting it. options:

Lower scores have been approved for both creditors although the lower the score, the lower your chances. Also need to mention that score is not everything. YMMV and it's different for every profile and every lender. 

I was approved for the Uber Visa around 650. In this particular case, I believe the UTIL is too high. 

Message 28 of 32
leo222
Contributor

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@randomguy1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lower scores have been approved for both creditors although the lower the score, the lower your chances. Also need to mention that score is not everything. YMMV and it's different for every profile and every lender. 

I was approved for the Uber Visa around 650. In this particular case, I believe the UTIL is too high. 

Read why the OP wants a new card. Balance transfer. The Uber Visa does not have a 0% balance transfer. We do not mean just getting approved, but getting approved for one of their 0% balance transfer cards with a limit useful enough to do a balance transfer. The Uber Visa with its notoriously low limits and high interest is not going to help the OP. The OP asked about Barclays but they mean the Aviator Red or JetBlue plus, two cards with 0% for 15 billing cycles. 650 is not cutting it for those cards even if he had 1% utilization.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.