cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell seems to now be offering auto CLI! This is a big win for all of us DFS account holders...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dell seems to now be offering auto CLI! This is a big win for all of us DFS account holders...

Not sure if anyone else has gotten the pop up, but this is the first time I've seen it. I remember a lot of people didn't want a Dell account since it never grew. It looks like they might be changing that policy. I bought an $1,800 PC a few months ago. I logged in to check the status of a few things days ago, and captured two pages. The first on the left wanted me to update my income information just in case of a CLI later and the second suggesting sort of the same thing. I hope this helps someone!

DELL_CLI_POSSIBLE.jpg

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dell seems to now be offering auto CLI! This is a big win for all of us DFS account holders...

There's always hope but something tells me with DFS it's more clerical than anything. I don't know if lenders are required to ask for updated income but most of the lenders I have do ask for such info at least once a year.

I can tell you that Chase has ask for updated income several times over the years and it has never produced anything by way of a CLI.

I don't want to ruin hope but I wouldn't read to much into this.
Message 2 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Dell seems to now be offering auto CLI! This is a big win for all of us DFS account holders...

The've always had them, but they were rare. That being said there have been a couple of reported auto CLIs lately.

Message 3 of 9
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Keep in mind that CC issuers in the US are required by law to ask you to update your income information on a regular but infrequent basis.  The updated information can legitimately be used as part of the process assessing who may be eligible for an auto CLI but the commentary in the requests IME are boilerplate.  Trolling here for data points if anyone here has ever received an autoCLI for a Dell  account, or really for any WebBank account as they are the underlying issuer.

An important distinction regarding these requests for information is that while they must ask a cardholder is legally free to ignore the request if they so choose.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@coldfusion wrote:

Keep in mind that CC issuers in the US are required by law to ask you to update your income information on a regular but infrequent basis.  The updated information can legitimately be used as part of the process assessing who may be eligible for an auto CLI but the commentary in the requests IME are boilerplate.  Trolling here for data points if anyone here has ever received an autoCLI for a Dell  account, or really for any WebBank account as they are the underlying issuer.

An important distinction regarding these requests for information is that while they must ask a cardholder is legally free to ignore the request if they so choose.

Fingerhut always gives, or at least offers, increases. I believe @K-in-Boston and @simplynoir have both gotten auto increases back in the day.

Message 5 of 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

Fingerhut always gives, or at least offers, increases. I believe @K-in-Boston and @simplynoir have both gotten auto increases back in the day.

Yeah, I think it happened after paying off my first laptop in late 2000s. I only noticed it because I was checking to make sure balance was paid and noticed they double the credit line to $4k. Only time it's happened and honestly it was more than enough for my needs at the time. Still the same line even though I haven't used it in years

Message 6 of 9
snapcat
Valued Member

I was surprised with a CLI from $3000 to $4500 this month. I've had the card since Thanksgiving. 

Message 7 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

A little tardy with my reply here, but yes if we are discussing Dell I believe I had two DFS auto-CLIs, however those did pre-date the account being held by WebBank.  I cannot recall exactly what the increases were from and to, but not a whole lot.  I closed my account around the end of 2016; I think my last increase was in 2004 and the limit was $1500 at close.  (Only used it for a couple of purchases the whole time I had it.)

Message 8 of 9
crissyanj
Contributor

I noticed that for my daughter...I pay her Dell bill and they asked, her credit limit went from 4k to 5k after updating.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.