Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta SkyMiles AMEX No Bonus?

tag
djmax041
Valued Member

Delta SkyMiles AMEX No Bonus?

Applied because of the Signup offer 70k miles and 200 off statement and annual fee waived first year. 

Got the message that I didnt qualify for the Bonus Signup because of the relationship with Amex I got a bonus before (Only got BCE signup like 6 yrs ago) they stated they didnt pull my credit and I can continue if I wanted to. Im grateful for it, however this my first Airline card. I only have Amex Blue Card Everyday and the Amex Everyday Card. Credit not a problem 820's score across the board.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Delta SkyMiles AMEX No Bonus?

Wait so did you apply or not?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 11
djmax041
Valued Member

I applied and got that message immediately 

Message 3 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Well then yes, you got the card, which congrats on that, but unfortunately they yanked the SUB. Were you okay with that?

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 11
AlanGJP
Established Contributor

Which delta card? And do you have any equiv? I'm not sure what Amex matches specific Delta cards with (Meaning I know Delta Gold doesn't disqualify you for Amex Gold - for example, but may for another equiv card), but in the last 7 months alone I've gotten the SUBs for Delta Gold, Gold, Blue Business Plus and Business Gold (Still working on this one, but qualified for it). So they don't seem to be yanking them randomly - at least from my point of view.

Maybe someone else can chime in that knows more than me? We should have a thread for Amex equiv cards if they're not going to be obvious.

Personal Cards:
Business Cards:
Closed Cards:
Data Points:
Last Updated: 2023/11/09
Message 5 of 11
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Unless you clicked continue after you saw the popup that there would be no SUB then you didn't actually apply.

I had this happen to me on the Hilton Surpass and other posters as well. I haven't applied again for the Hilton since the SUB dropped but I was approved with SUB for the Delta Plat. Other posters have been approved for other SUB since.

Typically to overcome the SUB popup, Amex wants to see consistent spend on your current cards to show you are not SUB chaser. 

Message 6 of 11
djmax041
Valued Member

I have significant spend I pay in full every month. I just don't pay any interest on anything. They don't like that they can't make money off me probably. 

Message 7 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@djmax041 wrote:

I have significant spend I pay in full every month. I just don't pay any interest on anything. They don't like that they can't make money off me probably. 

No, you don't have to pay interest as they still make money with swipe fees. It's something else. Perhaps opening/closing many accounts (doesn't necessarily have to be Amex accounts) in succession?

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 11
djmax041
Valued Member

I've only had one closed account on my profile an overstock card that hard a 35k limit closed unexpectedly because of lack of use in a year. I haven't opened up a card app in 3 years

Message 9 of 11
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@djmax041 wrote:

@djmax041 Amex definitely likes people who PIF.

You have no other new cards recently? I would reach out to Amex on chat and see if they can give you any insight. Especially if you have significant spend with them as you say.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.