Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Amex Again 3rd Try

tag
mrfufoppss
Frequent Contributor

Denied Amex Again 3rd Try

Got some Prequals again pull the trigger for the Gold Card..Been trying to get in Amex for over a yr now. Got denied then i called the Reconn and the Lady told me i was Denied Because They Need a 4506 T From me..so Of course i sent it over the weekend

(fax) so my question is has anyone been thru this before? The Application status dont Say (Denied) like my Past 2 trys but it do say (Cancelled) im Kinda confused of what my outcome us going to be or should i just leave this alone..Btw DP they pulled my Experian 749 i do have multiple inquirys and new acounts from (april) 

AOD FCU PLOC 10,000
NAVY FED CLOC 3000

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Re: Denied Amex Again 3rd Try

👋 You inquiries and new accounts since April is what 1st come to mind when I even begin to read your post. 

It does not sound good.  I would think the application is actually cancelled... sorry to hear thus far!  Try calling them back in a few hours for further clarification.  Explain to Amex the requested form has been transmitted to them (and do another recon of sorts).and request verification that it was reviewed and taken into consideration for an approval.

Like I said before, sorry the hear this.  I personally do not have any experience with Amex as of just yet.  I am waiting for another 100K SUB before I bite on a preapproval from them.   GL

Message 2 of 8
waqaszm1
Regular Contributor

Status changing to "Cancelled" is NOT a denial. You are good. Over the next 3 to 4 days, you will see that status update to APPROVED as long as your 4506-T verifies income claimed on Application. 

Status change to "Cancelled" is normal for AMEX. You will get this card. Congrats !

Message 3 of 8
ccquest
Established Contributor

Third time's the charm, you got this. Just stay on top of the 4506-T process because I've seen some posts where it takes forever and they end up needing to pull your report again.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stay positive and good luck.

Message 5 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Good Luck on your application op!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never heard of a 4506t with amex on application 

Message 7 of 8
Deuter
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Never heard of a 4506t with amex on application 

Exactly me too. Well i think i've heard but it was more of a myth kind of thing. Is this normal? What is your total CL exposure with Amex while requesting it?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.