Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied BoA CLI -- acct not 12 mos old

tag
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Denied BoA CLI -- acct not 12 mos old

Just sharing a DP. I requested a CLI on Saturday and was denied. I called the Credit Analyst line and was told that it's because my account is under 12 months old (opened in May '20). The analyst told me I can request a CLI in June. 

Of course, ymmv...

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Denied BoA CLI -- acct not 12 mos old

It's always YMMV with BoA. Some folks they like, some they love, and some they won't even allow at their table. Hopefully they'll warm up to you by summer.
Message 2 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Loquat wrote:
It's always YMMV with BoA. Some folks they like, some they love, and some they won't even allow at their table. Hopefully they'll warm up to you by summer.

Im forever at the kids table, 1 cc, 1 limit , no assetsSmiley Wink. Its now $5-$10 a month to get my $100 a yearSmiley Wink

Message 3 of 9
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

@Loquat , thank you for the practical feedback. I will keep you all posted.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's not a new hard rule with BoA, is it?  I'm quite sure I've seen SP CLIs approved after 6 months or so of account opening, right?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's not a new hard rule with BoA, is it?  I'm quite sure I've seen SP CLIs approved after 6 months or so of account opening, right?

You're correct.  I have an account with BOA that will be 1 year old in March.  I have never seen this mysterious CLI link that everyone talks about.  I also heard that you can still call in and get a CLI even without this link.  That's what I did in November.  The CSR confirmed my info and the fact that it would only be a SP.  You'll get a letter in the mail in 7-10 days.  UGH.  The letter had only 1 reason for denial.....my account was not 12 months old.

I'm not sure if this was a temporary Covid related change or something else.  I do not have any other accounts with BOA which may/may not have anything to do with my current CLI eligibility.

Message 6 of 9
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous - I don't know that it's a hard rule. I think it depends on how strong your profile is thus...ymmv. I've seen other posts with similar outcomes so I'm sharing so folks can gain DPs and choose how they will proceed.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Must be profile-specific and for whatever reason they wanted to see 12 months of age on yours prior to a first CLI. 

I just wasn't sure if this was a new rule implemented by BoA (similar to new Discover accounts needing to wait 1 year) but it sounds like that isn't the case.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. I have never seen the link.

Got my Cash Rewards card 4-2-2020.

So I'm hoping to see the link soon.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.