cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Chase Freedom, but approved Amex Blue Cash, and 2 others. What to do next (call)?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied Chase Freedom, but approved Amex Blue Cash, and 2 others. What to do next (call)?

Was recently able to get my score bumped up by 75 to 80 points by writing a 609 dispute letter and having a couple of items collection items removed, also paid off my car and reduced a high utilization card with that same CU from 93% down to zero.  I''m at about 741TU, 747Eq, and around 710FICO.

I was approved Amex Blue Cash for $1,000; Capital One Platinum for $3,000; and a Buc-ee's credit union card for $3,000 (mainly to get 10 cents off each gallon of fuel).  Also, just refinaced my car at a great rate.  Am looking to spree a little more before I garden.

Was denied the Chase freedom card (Even thought CK said great/good approval odds).  Should I call and get them to reconsider for a really low credit line just so I can get started with it, or should I wait a certain amount of time and then try Again?  Need a good strategy.

Looking for a few cards that are good to pay bills with, get cash back on groceries and gas, things like that. I’m not very extravagant but I am looking to increase my available credit.  Any advice greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Denied Chase Freedom, but approved Amex Blue Cash, and 2 others. What to do next (call)?

If your heart is set on Chase, then you need to stop the apping. They won't approve you if you've opened 5 accounts in 24 months. Since you already took the hard pull, call in to Chase for a recon. Depending on what they say, you may need to wait a bit before reapplying. If that's the case, stop apping until you qualify.

Message 2 of 5
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied Chase Freedom, but approved Amex Blue Cash, and 2 others. What to do next (call)?

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved Amex Blue Cash for $1,000; Capital One Platinum for $3,000; and a Buc-ee's credit union card for $3,000 (mainly to get 10 cents off each gallon of fuel).  Also, just refinaced my car at a great rate.  Am looking to spree a little more before I garden.

This is a bad idea if you want a Chase card.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any advice on a good idea for the chase?  thx

Message 4 of 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Any advice on a good idea for the chase?  thx

In regards to what, recon? Simply call in and find out what you were declined for. I would have my reports ready to reference and an answer for every negative on it. I was able to recon with them years ago by doing this. Was able to get a freedom with defaulted student loans because I was in the process of rehabilitating them. Though, that was like 15 years ago so I don't know how strict they are now. Lol

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.