Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied, Denied and Denied.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied, Denied and Denied.

After my AmEx $10k BCE approval I tried to press my luck and do a couple more apps.

Discover It: Had a snail-mail offer. Set APR. Their website wasn't working for me. Applied over the phone.... denied. No letter yet

Chase Freedom Unlimited: Pre-qualified - 30 day message at first. Couple days later 7-10 days. Letter came today. 721 TransUnion. Reason for denial: "Too few accounts on file for a sufficient lenght of time. Oldest revolving account has not been opened long enough."

Paypal 2%: Instant denial.

Ouch, well I have learned my lesson. This is just more evidence of how much AmEx loves me. And I love them even more now. Will try for 3x CLI with them then I am done for maybe a year.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
trusty
Frequent Contributor

Re: Denied, Denied and Denied.

wrote:

After my AmEx $10k BCE approval I tried to press my luck and do a couple more apps.

Did you wait until your 10k Amex limit was reporting on all of the applicable credit bureaus - before you applied?

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
wrote:

Did you wait until your 10k Amex account was reporting on all of the applicable credit bureaus before you applied?

No. Just a couple days after Smiley Sad. Thought the credit history that got me the AmEx would also get me these other cards.

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Discover It: Had a snail-mail offer. Set APR. Their website wasn't working for me. Applied over the phone.... denied. No letter yet

Chase Freedom Unlimited: Pre-qualified - 30 day message at first. Couple days later 7-10 days. Letter came today. 721 TransUnion. Reason for denial: "Too few accounts on file for a sufficient lenght of time. Oldest revolving account has not been opened long enough."

Paypal 2%: Instant denial.

Ouch, well I have learned my lesson. This is just more evidence of how much AmEx loves me. And I love them even more now. Will try for 3x CLI with them then I am done for maybe a year.

Sometimes you apply and win, sometimes one gets greedy and loses. You got a big limit card. Now you know patience sometimes is good lol. Garden and after six months maybe you can try again and it’ll work. Sometimes its easier after you are in with a company and harder to get in with another.

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Sometimes you apply and win, sometimes one gets greedy and loses. You got a big limit card. Now you know patience sometimes is good lol. Garden and after six months maybe you can try again and it’ll work. Sometimes its easier after you are in with a company and harder to get in with another.

AmEx blinded me temporarily. I went 6 months in between each of my 3 credit cards. Back to the garden!

Message 5 of 26
trusty
Frequent Contributor

wrote:

wrote:
wrote:

Did you wait until your 10k Amex account was reporting on all of the applicable credit bureaus before you applied?

No. Just a couple days after Smiley Sad. Thought the credit history that got me the AmEx would also get me these other cards.

Very few major lenders will be the first to approve you. Amex is known to be one of them.

Once they report that 10k limit, believe me, your credit will look a lot more enticing to other lenders.

Message 6 of 26
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You may want to try Chase again after your Amex reports for about 6 months, you should be good by then and still well under 5/24.

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
You may want to try Chase again after your Amex reports for about 6 months, you should be good by then and still well under 5/24.

I've read AmEx takes awhile to report, like 2 months? 8 Months seems good to me lol. I am scared to apply again anytime soon.

Also, so CK really does suck? Haha. They've been the only way I get my scores since I am too cheap. 40 point difference between the score Chase pulled and what is on CK. Geez

Message 8 of 26
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It does not matter how long it takes them to report, I was thinking more along the lines your Amex being six months old.
Tho, longer you wait, better your chances.
Message 9 of 26
Remedios
Credit Mentor

CK is useless in terms of scoring, but useful for monitoring your reports and getting alerted to changes.
Also, pay no attention to the cards they recommend. They might look appealing, you may get approved but they may not meet your spending needs. Figure out what you want the most from the card, and go for that, not some silly recommendation.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.