Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied, Denied and Denied.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied, Denied and Denied.

wrote:
CK is useless in terms of scoring, but useful for monitoring your reports and getting alerted to changes.
Also, pay no attention to the cards they recommend. They might look appealing, you may get approved but they may not meet your spending needs. Figure out what you want the most from the card, and go for that, not some silly recommendation.

Once I saw their(Admittedly, prominently placed) disclaimer about their partners I took their recommendations with a grain of salt. Even though one is the BCE I have. Smiley Very Happy - Fair Approval Odds

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re-apply after six consecutive months of not having new accounts.

Just ignore the mailers.
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
Re-apply after six consecutive months of not having new accounts.

Just ignore the mailers.

Only ever gotten mailers from Discover and Credit One. First envelope I got from Credit One I thought it was Cap1. Their logos are way too **bleep** similiar. I wouldn't even think about applying with them.

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Only ever gotten mailers from Discover and Credit One. First envelope I got from Credit One I thought it was Cap1. Their logos are way too **bleep** similiar. I wouldn't even think about applying with them.

Good that you don't apply. I didn't know Credit One is targeting people with 700+ FICO nowadays though.

Message 14 of 26
joltdude
Senior Contributor

wrote:

After my AmEx $10k BCE approval I tried to press my luck and do a couple more apps.

Discover It: Had a snail-mail offer. Set APR. Their website wasn't working for me. Applied over the phone.... denied. No letter yet

Chase Freedom Unlimited: Pre-qualified - 30 day message at first. Couple days later 7-10 days. Letter came today. 721 TransUnion. Reason for denial: "Too few accounts on file for a sufficient lenght of time. Oldest revolving account has not been opened long enough."

Paypal 2%: Instant denial.

Ouch, well I have learned my lesson. This is just more evidence of how much AmEx loves me. And I love them even more now. Will try for 3x CLI with them then I am done for maybe a year.

Do you know your Fico scores?

At least one or two CRAs?

Also if you havent already... Apply for Discovers credit scorecard and get one real FICO per month free.....

Yeah you might want to take another stroll in the garden for a few months, let that 10k Amex show, keep an eye on your monthly FICO score from Disco.. (Ideally youd find a source for another one... CK is pretty close to useless unless your trying to rent something that uses Vantage.... but dont close it.. keep it for the free reports)..... I'd say 6 would be good... but it depends.. we need more information here to guide you a bit better..

Also consider doing the 1$ CCT thing.. but you do have to manually cancel it .....

-J

Message 15 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good advice so far on this threadSmiley Happy

Shame on Credit One trying to tempt you into their we are Capitol One but not really but we wanna be but look closely spielSmiley Wink
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

Good that you don't apply. I didn't know Credit One is targeting people with 700+ FICO nowadays though.

I think their charge off rate is so high that they need a few better profiles to get that rate down for investors. The bad part is 1% cash back with no fees and a grace period is so far below average that it won’t work. That is their best terms for 700 profiles. 

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Do you know your Fico scores?

At least one or two CRAs?

Also if you havent already... Apply for Discovers credit scorecard and get one real FICO per month free.....

Yeah you might want to take another stroll in the garden for a few months, let that 10k Amex show, keep an eye on your monthly FICO score from Disco.. (Ideally youd find a source for another one... CK is pretty close to useless unless your trying to rent something that uses Vantage.... but dont close it.. keep it for the free reports)..... I'd say 6 would be good... but it depends.. we need more information here to guide you a bit better..

Also consider doing the 1$ CCT thing.. but you do have to manually cancel it .....

-J

Fico 8 from AmEx site is 734. Jan 27th 2018. Is that legit?

$1 CCT?

Message 18 of 26
Remedios
Credit Mentor

That is legit.
CCT is Credit Check Total, you can sign up for a free trial for $1 but you have to cancel before free trial expires. It will give you your 3B scores
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Fico 8 from AmEx site is 734. Jan 27th 2018. Is that legit?

$1 CCT?

Amex FICO is pretty legit. It's what they got from a recent account review on you.

CCT = CreditCheckTotal, you pay $1 for a trial, but you will be automatically enrolled for their subscription and be billed for more charges on a recurring basis if you don't cancel, so after you pay the $1 you can cancel it before it bills you further. This is what they have on their website:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
When you order your $1 3-Bureau Credit Report & FICO® Scores, you will begin your 7-day trial membership in CreditCheck® Total. If you don't cancel your membership within the 7-day trial period**, you will be billed $29.95 for each month that you continue your membership. You may cancel your trial membership anytime within the trial period without charge.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.