Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied, Denied and Denied.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied, Denied and Denied.

Thanks guys.

Should I wait to do the CCT until AmEx reports to get more accurate scores?

Message 21 of 26
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Only ever gotten mailers from Discover and Credit One. First envelope I got from Credit One I thought it was Cap1. Their logos are way too **bleep** similiar. I wouldn't even think about applying with them.

Good that you don't apply. I didn't know Credit One is targeting people with 700+ FICO nowadays though.

They occasionally send me offers .  So does Celtic Bank.  Why they do so I have no idea as I've never been aligned with their target demographic.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Thanks guys.

Should I wait to do the CCT until AmEx reports to get more accurate scores?

That's what I would do in your position. Currently, you have two HP dings that aren't helping anything, and NO accounts to show for it. Meanwhile, after that Amex account shows, UTIL goes down but your average age of accounts takes a ding, but its all for the best long-term! So yes, waiting for CCT for a month or so when Amex reports would give you the best picture!

Message 23 of 26
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

You may do CCT frequently if you'd like. Once you're cancelled, you can sign up for another $1 trial. You can even use the same login credentials.

Message 24 of 26
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@trustywrote:
wrote:

After my AmEx $10k BCE approval I tried to press my luck and do a couple more apps.

Did you wait until your 10k Amex limit was reporting on all of the applicable credit bureaus - before you applied?

Great point. Sometimes it takes Amex a long time to report a new account

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover and Bank of America give you your true FICO Score 8 from Transunion for free and American Express gives you your Experian FICO Score 8 the same score Amex uses for Free Credit Karma, and Credit Sesame give you a Vantagescore and its only an Educational Score and if you really want to know the truth your scores will vary based on what you're applying for just with FICO there are 19 versions of score
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.