Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Kohls CLI and Capital One Platinum | BS Reason

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied Kohls CLI and Capital One Platinum | BS Reason

It's been six months since I've had my Kohls card, did a CLI request and was denied. I thought that was weird. Then decided to go for a Capital One Platinum card even if it starts with a low limit--but denied. Both reasons were BS (only thing listed was too many inquires).

What really grinds my gears is the credit score they have listed was 100 points lower than my actual FICO8 score and score on Experian (both are pretty dead on at 684). 

Has anyone else run into weird stuff like this from Capital One? I've heard about them only using quarterly reports, but wow--I haven't been at a 587 in a LONG time. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Denied Kohls CLI and Capital One Platinum | BS Reason

@Anonymous wrote:

It's been six months since I've had my Kohls card, did a CLI request and was denied. I thought that was weird. Then decided to go for a Capital One Platinum card even if it starts with a low limit--but denied. Both reasons were BS (only thing listed was too many inquires).

What really grinds my gears is the credit score they have listed was 100 points lower than my actual FICO8 score and score on Experian (both are pretty dead on at 684). 

Has anyone else run into weird stuff like this from Capital One? I've heard about them only using quarterly reports, but wow--I haven't been at a 587 in a LONG time. 

Capital One uses older scoring model,  EQ 5, not Fico 8 classic. That's where the difference in scores is coming from.

Message 2 of 4
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital One uses older scoring model,  EQ 5, not Fico 8 classic. That's where the difference in scores is coming from.

How many inquires do you have? Cap one pulls all 3 for credit apps

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 4
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Sorry for your misfortune

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.