cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Navy 91/3 Second Card :( Credit score is up 100 points and have more history

tag
Morphyyy
Contributor

Re: Denied Navy 91/3 Second Card :( Credit score is up 100 points and have more history

New update: They gave me a $1000 CLI on my first card but no new card ?

Message 11 of 16
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Re: Denied Navy 91/3 Second Card :( Credit score is up 100 points and have more history

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Yeah it seems backwards alot of times. Amazing seeing those amounts handed  out like that for sure.

I'm gonna wait it out another 3 months and see how it turns out.

It is MHO that Navy has a tendency to favor the not so perfect.

I like that opinion Smart! I am currently in that category, working my way out steadily!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 12 of 16
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Morphyyy wrote:

That's a nice increase!! 

I've seen more than a few 500 CLI lately. Congratulations!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 13 of 16
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Morphyyy     If it makes you feel better I was denied my 2nd card for them too recently but like you they also gave me a bump on CLI from 600 to 1100 LOL     So I will take it!!!     One of the main things on mine was I 'reached my max limit with them available at this time' so it just seems they are just being a bit tighter (even though my score grew with them as well as it was higher than when I first got my CR card) but as others have said YMMV.   Smiley Happy     But Congrats on your CLI any up is a good up Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Morphyyy wrote:

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Morphyyy  Congrats on the CLI!  I know its annoying that you aren't getting a monster limit but please consider the current enviornment. Some lenders are tightning purse strings while others are still handing them out with no problem. Also its annecdotal but I heard that the underwriting on the More Rewards Amex is a bit strict compared to their other cards (aside from the signature). 

You can try calling in and walk through a prequal with an associate next time (I heard when you call in the prequal is supposed to be more accurate than the one available online). Otherwise I would wait for the denial reasons and reassess (wait 6 months before trying again). 

This might be off topic but to me it's a bit ridiculous to suggest that a lender would prefer sub prime borrowers when it would be less risky for them to have prime or above borrowers using their credit products (Outside of sub-prime lenders which specialize in this area). I get its annoying if you don't get the card or limit that you want, but everyones profile is different. Also your credit score isn't everything. Navy is one of those credit unions that looks at multiple factors not just your score and income. If you are denied, take a look at your dti or recent inquiries or your AA of A or any recent balances or derogs. Sorry for the rant OP. This part of the comment was not directed to you, but more at comments I have noticed in general.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.