Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Target's Credit Card

tag
AstroNerd

Re: Denied Target's Credit Card

@Anonymous wrote:

By the way, TD Bank is another foreign bank (TD is Toronto-Dominion Bank) and all of them like Barclays and HSBC are known to be very much a pain to deal with whether it be low limits, excessive fraud screening, or balance chasing and closed accounts. US banks take much more risk than foreign banks find acceptable. 

I will keep that in mind when next I apply for credit in the future. Did not know they were foreign. 

Message 21 of 28
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

How exactly do you have a 687 FICO with a clean report?

I have a 702 TU FICO with a BK on the record and my lowest is EQ at 659 with BK, a paid repo, and student loan late payments. Something is definitely holding you back - I got a PayPal Cashback in January with an $8000 SL and my income is more than 6 times less than your own and 10 new accounts in 12 months. 

It’s definitely time to hit the garden. Clean up whatever it is that is holding you back and come back with higher scores. 

By the way, TD Bank is another foreign bank (TD is Toronto-Dominion Bank) and all of them like Barclays and HSBC are known to be very much a pain to deal with whether it be low limits, excessive fraud screening, or balance chasing and closed accounts. US banks take much more risk than foreign banks find acceptable. 

I hate to break it to you, but you just described Amex, BoA, Comenity, Chase, Synchrony...just a few on top of my head. 

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a 702 TU FICO with a BK on the record and my lowest is EQ at 659 with BK, a paid repo, and student loan late payments. Something is definitely holding you back - I got a PayPal Cashback in January with an $8000 SL and my income is more than 6 times less than your own and 10 new accounts in 12 months. 

It’s definitely time to hit the garden. Clean up whatever it is that is holding you back and come back with higher scores. 

I hate to break it to you, but you just described Amex, BoA, Comenity, Chase, Synchrony...just a few on top of my head. 

I didn’t say no US banks do these things, it just seems to be very common with foreign banks. The three that I mentioned all have a reputation for being a pain and while Synchrony and Comenity have a lot of complaints too, the sheer amount of exposure they have makes their actions understandable at times. 

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AstroNerd wrote:

Good idea. Will stay away from all credit applications for now. At least until I get to between 800 and 850 score. Definitely not worth getting declined and upset about. Come to think about it, the Amex, Amazon, Walmart and Paypal accounts are probably all one needs anyway. Maybe it's just the ego of having more that got me into this Smiley Very Happy

Congrats to calming yourself down!! Just take everyone's comment here as contructive criticism. You know we all want the same thing and aim for the better Smiley Happy Good luck OP!

Message 24 of 28
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AstroNerd wrote:

Good idea. Will stay away from all credit applications for now. At least until I get to between 800 and 850 score. Definitely not worth getting declined and upset about. Come to think about it, the Amex, Amazon, Walmart and Paypal accounts are probably all one needs anyway. Maybe it's just the ego of having more that got me into this Smiley Very Happy

It makes me feel good that you can laugh about this because it’s truly temporary and before you know it, the feeling of being declined by Target will be a distant memory.

Yep, sometimes ego is something something 😁

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 25 of 28
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

😂🤣😂🤣

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was recently approved for a Target card (SL only $300, though), and I have like 10+ inquiries, so I doubt that is their real reason for denying you. Try again in a few months if you really want it. I was denied when I first applied three months prior, because I had an insufficient credit history. This time I was approved no problem. 

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this post is from awhile ago but I couldn’t agree more with you !!! I’m also a government employee with a great an annual salary and great payment history yet I’m not approved for a 300.00 Target card when I make more than that in one day? Also, I hate when people that aren’t getting denied say don’t take it personally! How can you not in our shoes? Well anyways, just wanna say I get it and hope things are better now!

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.