Did you mean: 

Denied WF CLI, partly bc of low WF ck/sav bal

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

Denied WF CLI, partly bc of low WF ck/sav bal

Well, at least they were honest.

"We are unable to increase your credit limit for the following reasons:

Low balance in your Wells Fargo checking/savings account over last 9 months (We consider this additional factor)"

The 2 reasons beneath that were about my accts in good standing not being open long enough, and too many inqs.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Denied WF CLI, partly bc of low WF ck/sav bal

@cr101 wrote:

Low balance in your Wells Fargo checking/savings account over last 9 months (We consider this additional factor)"

The 2 reasons beneath that were about my accts in good standing not being open long enough, and too many inqs.

That is an interesting data point. Thank you for sharing the information.

Message 2 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@cr101 wrote:

That's not uncommon for WF at all. 

Are they your primary banking institution ,or did you open checking/savings with nominal amount in hopes of building *relationship*? 

Message 3 of 4
cr101
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

That's not uncommon for WF at all. 

Are they your primary banking institution ,or did you open checking/savings with nominal amount in hopes of building *relationship*? 

Somewhat. They actually were my only bank for over a decade. Lately, they're more of a hub and if I keep a bal, it's just for a few days while I'm xferring funds to my brokerage acct or another acct to pay bills. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.