Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied and Confused by Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied and Confused by Amex

indeed very strange. Thanks for sharing the info. Congrats on your New card.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very odd got denied as got letter to apply and i have good credit in 700s and one card is amex. I do have some higher revolving credit, but that's since no interest for yr. So bit annoyed as now that drop score again as hard inquiry. Was close 800 until last yr when had get loan for car and apparently they checked multiple lenders so went way down. I'm never late on pymts, always early. Other amex card even upped credit another $1k and just got that one last yr. Just seemed appealing for the credit to statement after 3 months spending their minimum. I never used get denied so wonder if cuz utilization over 30%
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so i called them. Are they outsourced diff country and know nothing. He read same letter as my email. All wanted to know why denied and still couldn't tell me exact reason. Then also says missing or insufficient income when i listed it. What's point pre-approval if they think I'll get approved or is it sent to everyone? They should be able to tell me exact reason for denial. Still odd when i even told him have another Amex. So maybe they don't like too many inquiries, but got like 3-4 just last yr due got car loan so only reason i could think of and they only go by experian. Guess I'll never get amex again or trust pre-approval letters. I hate was another hard inquiry. They gave low limit of $3000, but auto increased to 4100 and only got last yr yet this card denied. So bizarre. My other 2 cards with capital one and discover are $10k, but this other chase i got only $3100. Was used getting high limits, but maybe very few inquiries since no loan in few yrs. I think only 1 other card a long time ago denied. I just like getting the free statement credit since always get the min on there within a few months. I used to also think cc companies like when have revolving credit as when i have no interest free time i pay off, but 2 cards since newer get a yr so helps when times like now need save more to give me time to pay off.

Message 13 of 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok so i called them. Are they outsourced diff country and know nothing. He read same letter as my email. All wanted to know why denied and still couldn't tell me exact reason. Then also says missing or insufficient income when i listed it. What's point pre-approval if they think I'll get approved or is it sent to everyone? They should be able to tell me exact reason for denial. Still odd when i even told him have another Amex. So maybe they don't like too many inquiries, but got like 3-4 just last yr due got car loan so only reason i could think of and they only go by experian. Guess I'll never get amex again or trust pre-approval letters. I hate was another hard inquiry. They gave low limit of $3000, but auto increased to 4100 and only got last yr yet this card denied. So bizarre. My other 2 cards with capital one and discover are $10k, but this other chase i got only $3100. Was used getting high limits, but maybe very few inquiries since no loan in few yrs. I think only 1 other card a long time ago denied. I just like getting the free statement credit since always get the min on there within a few months. I used to also think cc companies like when have revolving credit as when i have no interest free time i pay off, but 2 cards since newer get a yr so helps when times like now need save more to give me time to pay off.

Hi and welcome @Anonymous 

Your post is kinda hard to read/understand, but if there is a question in there, please feel free to start your own. This is an old thread. 

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah guess i rambled lol. Don't know why csr ppl can't just tell me why denied. He read exact same email i had. I even told him i have another Amex and he said nothing so just hung up on him, was awful person. Don't understand why send pre approval letters if denied?
Message 15 of 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Most likely because your profile changed from the time your profile met pre selection criteria till the time you applied.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dunno applied day after got lol. That's why wondering if they send anyone and then my other Amex upped credit automatically last wk, just bizarre. Made no sense in letter when said income missing when was there too so not sure how it's determined in a few seconds.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.