Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied barclays rewards...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied barclays rewards...

Applied and received immediate denial, called to recon and although she complemented me on rebuilding my credit since the bankruptcy 6 months ago, she cited that a few accounts were less than 3 months old (sony card, NFCU nRewards).

I was waiting on this one for my BK to hit 6 months, TU was 632 and less than 30% util.

Bummer - oh well, ill try again in 3 months.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Officer737
Established Contributor

Re: Denied barclays rewards...

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied and received immediate denial, called to recon and although she complemented me on rebuilding my credit since the bankruptcy 6 months ago, she cited that a few accounts were less than 3 months old (sony card, NFCU nRewards).

I was waiting on this one for my BK to hit 6 months, TU was 632 and less than 30% util.

I waited just over a year from my discharge date before I tried Barclay. I got the online approval for $650 and called in the next day and got it raised to $1k even. A month later I apped for the Apple card and was approved for $2k. I think they like to see about 12 months of history after discharge but it may vary.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry for the denial.  But save yourself the hardpull and don't apply in three months.  Give it at least a year.  Your BK is still very new and Barclays likes to see some history before approving.  So don't be hasty in your decision to apply.  Give it some time.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay can be weird....I was approved for Barclay Rewards MC for $1,500 in September 2015....3 months POST BK7 discharge! (I got my first card the month before with Merrick Visa) go figure!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to get the apple rewards first, did that on the apple website, 3 months later I asked for a PC change to the rewards. they granted it and also gave me a 700 SP CLI. your results may vary but thats how i finally got in with the barclay rewards.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just apply for this credit and unable to approve, no wan want to give me cards Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 7
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Barclay's has a long memory. I paid off what Indeed them in Oct 2009. They put the reason for the denial was because I used to have a card and it was charged off and they didn't use my credit report. Is this worth a recon.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.