Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied by Barclay

tag
NTCCole
Established Member

Denied by Barclay

I applied for the Choice Privileges Visa Signiture card with Barclay just knowing I would get approved with a score in the upper 730's with all bureau's. I got a big slap in the face instead lol. When I called the recon line they brought up something from over 10 years ago but also told me I don't have enough history. It was really weird.

Began building April 2017

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Denied by Barclay

Did you ever default on a barclays account or IIB? If so they basically blacklist you for about an enterity.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 13
NTCCole
Established Member

No I never had an account with Barclay.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP—Without knowing more about the “something from over 10 years ago” and your personal stats and any derogs you may have it will be difficult for anyone to try and help you better understand the denial.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NTCCole wrote:

I applied for the Choice Privileges Visa Signiture card with Barclay just knowing I would get approved with a score in the upper 730's with all bureau's. I got a big slap in the face instead lol. When I called the recon line they brought up something from over 10 years ago but also told me I don't have enough history. It was really weird.

Don't leave us in suspense here.  How old is your history?

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NTCCole wrote:

"Something from over 10 years ago" should not still be on your credit reports.  A Chapter 7 bankruptcy remains for 10 years but should be automatically removed once 10 years elapse.  The only other possibility is that Barclays looked at their internal records which they can keep for as long as they want but considering that you claimed you never had a Barclays account that is unlikely.

Message 6 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

There's a possibility that a portfolio was bought by Barclays which put you on their blacklist. Chase does that with Washington Mutual cards.

Message 7 of 13
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

10 years is a long time ago even with BC. Call back and recon again. Sometimes you need to recon multiple times to get the right answer.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 8 of 13
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Maybe you had Juniper Bank. Barclay's bought them around 08-09. I can't see them bringing up anything else unless it was a BK.
Message 9 of 13
NTCCole
Established Member

Thank you all for your replies. My actual history is only 2 years old and sorry for not being more specific. The woman on the line told me I first applied for credit over 10 years ago which was false but that wouldnt be a reason to deny my app. Don't know why she brought it up. Also, when I got the alert is said the pull was Extensive.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.