Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Amazon prime Visa BUT..

tag
Diamondsforme08
Established Member

Denied for Amazon prime Visa BUT..

I applied and was denied for the Amazon prime Visa. If I went back in and applied for just the Amazon prime card will it be a double hard pull? Is there a better chance of approval without the Visa logo?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
charp150
Valued Member

Re: Denied for Amazon prime Visa BUT..

The Amazon Visa is issued by Chase, the Amazon store card is another lender (Synchrony I think).  Recon the Chase denial.  I was denied for inquiries and new accounts and it was overturned on recon very quickly.  Why were you denied?  If it’s a 5/24 violation recon would not likely yield a good outcome.  

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why were you denied? What are your scores?
Message 3 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, if you apply for the Synchrony Amazon (non-Visa) version it will be another HP.

Reconsideration outcomes will vary and largely depend on why you were not approved to begin with.
Message 4 of 7
Andypanda
Established Contributor

@charp150 wrote:

The Amazon Visa is issued by Chase, the Amazon store card is another lender (Synchrony I think).  Recon the Chase denial.  I was denied for inquiries and new accounts and it was overturned on recon very quickly.  Why were you denied?  If it’s a 5/24 violation recon would not likely yield a good outcome.  

I have heard conflicting reports if cobranded cards are subject t tge 5/24 rule.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, it will be two different hard pulls as the cards are issued by different banks. The Amazon Prime Visa is issued by Chase and the Amazon Prime Store Card is issuded by Syncrony bank.

Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Andypanda wrote:

@charp150 wrote:

I have heard conflicting reports if cobranded cards are subject t tge 5/24 rule.

There's been recent reports and DPs (Reddit, DoC  etc.) that point to this restriction recently extended to their co-branded CCs that were not previously part of 5/24.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.