Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Citi DC, Recon?

tag
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

Denied for Citi DC, Recon?

I just apped for a Chase Amazon card because the US Bank Cash + bookstore category is going away, and it'll be awhile before the Discover Amazon category comes back around and I wanted to keep getting 5% at Amazon.  That was approved, and I decided to also app the Citi Double Cash card since they started doing a $100 sign up bonus for it.

I was denied for Citi DC, and it said I would get a letter in 7-10 days.  I assume that I was denied for too many inquiries because I've gotten several cards in the last 6 months.  Do I wait for the letter, or should I try to call someone now to reconsider?

The only reason for getting so many cards is to try to maximize cash back and get cards that have 5% in certain categories, but I'm not sure if that's what a bank wants to hear.  In the case of the DC, it would be the "everything else" card, so it would probably get more swipes than the others.

It looks like both Citi and Chase pulled Experian today, so with those two new inquiries, I've got 6 inquires on Experian.  My EX score is currently 742 (it dropped 1 point since yesterday, I assume due to the inquires).

Who should I call, and when? 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.