Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for sapphire due to 2 new accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied for sapphire due to 2 new accounts

Hello everyone. New to this forum but I have been working on my credit since January 2018. I finally got to 694 and decided to apply for the chase sapphire after reading many people getting it with a lower score. I was denied and called the reconsideration line to ask why they said I had 2 new accounts opened in November. That was 3 months ago? I thought the 2 new accounts was 30 days? How long should I wait to apply again? Does anyone have any suggestions? My payments are 100% on time and my debt to income is so low. My history isn’t very long I have one account 16 years old and 2 new accounts from a year ago so it lowered my history by a ton.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied for sapphire due to 2 new accounts

I don’t know from personal experience but when I asked in this forum about the same thing while trying to complete the trifecta (I just got the CF and CFU), i was told to wait 6 months minimum with a higher rate of success after 12 months
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone. New to this forum but I have been working on my credit since January 2018. I finally got to 694 and decided to apply for the chase sapphire after reading many people getting it with a lower score. I was denied and called the reconsideration line to ask why they said I had 2 new accounts opened in November. That was 3 months ago? I thought the 2 new accounts was 30 days? How long should I wait to apply again? Does anyone have any suggestions? My payments are 100% on time and my debt to income is so low. My history isn’t very long I have one account 16 years old and 3 new accounts from a year ago so it lowered my history by a ton.

---

OP, you're at 5/24 which is the death knell for most when applying with Chase. Though Chase cited the 2 accounts from November, they're looking at your past 24 months. My suggestion would be to garden if you still want the Sapphire.  Let the accounts from last year age - with at least one going over 24 months before you consider re-applying.  With your continued strong habits, your scores will increase, your profile will be more attractive, and more importantly, you'll apply and very likely be posting in the Approvals board in the future.  Good luck to you!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think I would get denied for the CF or CFU for the same reason or are they more strict on the sapphire?
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wrong about the 5 accounts. I am currently at 4 in the past 24 months. I knew about the 5/24. I opened cap1 quicksilver a year ago and cap1 platinum. Then the kohl’s and credit one in November. So I should still be ok. He told me the reason was the 2 accounts in November. Which I thought was 2 in 30 days? Is it worth retrying in a month or two?or calling the number again and asking to reconsider. Ive heard people have done that and got them
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you hit 5/24 (5 new credit cards in the past 24 months) chase won’t approve you for anything, including business cards. The only way around this is in branch offers or green check marks. Sorry man. Just wait for those 3 from last year to age pst 24 months and don’t open any more in the mean time

Sorry for not catching that the first time around.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try the recon. Most they can do is say no, right?
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made a mistake I am not at 5/24. I have 4 new accounts. Sorry about the mix up
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean by green check marks? Sorry new to all of this
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What do you mean by green check marks? Sorry new to all of this

Chasegreen.jpg

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.