Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did PenFed actually pull my credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did PenFed actually pull my credit?

I signed up for there savings account today to start building a relastionship with them to later get a credit card.

On the application page it says it pulls your credit report.

I made the savings account and had to call CSR to verify my idenity. I did.

They said since they already pulled my credit today, that it wouldn't hurt if I applied for a credit card also. So i did. Got declined (already knew I would).

BUT, I didn't get an credit alert from any agency saying my credit was pulled.

So was this a soft pull?

I ALWAYS get a alert when my credit is pulled, doesn't mater what agnecy they use.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Did PenFed actually pull my credit?

When I signed up the HP was a day or two delay but it did indeed show up, I did app for a card so IDK if the HP was for that or membership in general. 

If they didn't HP your membership,  they certainly did for the card they suggested you app for.. Sorry Smiley Sad

Give it a day or 2.. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

When I signed up the HP was a day or two delay but it did indeed show up, I did app for a card so IDK if the HP was for that or membership in general. 

If they didn't HP your membership,  they certainly did for the card they suggested you app for.. Sorry Smiley Sad

Give it a day or 2.. 

So weird they pull credit for the membership. Rip

Message 3 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yes they HP EQ for membership, with that said you can use that HP for multiple credit product for anywhere from 30-90 days as YMMV on that one, but typically good for 30 days at least if not up to 90.  Just how they role with membership.  Why did you get denied for the CC?  I would certainly recon that as many success stories. Any idea what your EQ 09 score is?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Yes they HP EQ for membership, with that said you can use that HP for multiple credit product for anywhere from 30-90 days as YMMV on that one, but typically good for 30 days at least if not up to 90.  Just how they role with membership.  Why did you get denied for the CC?  I would certainly recon that as many success stories. Any idea what your EQ 09 score is?

I got denied due too, "utilization ratio too high" and "recent delinquent account". The delinquent account was my AMEX card 7 months ago that was 60 days late. I applied for their "Power Cash Rewards" card. Since it's a visa signature card, i'm guessing it's harder to get than there other cards.

I wasn't planning on opening a credit card with them at the moment but since they did the hard pull, I guess I minds well try. Think getting any of their other cards will be easier? 

Not sure what my EQ 09 score is. My CK score is 680 while the FICO score discover gives, is 620.

Just got approved for a chase CSP and a capital one QC.

Message 5 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got denied due too, "utilization ratio too high" and "recent delinquent account". The delinquent account was my AMEX card 7 months ago that was 60 days late. I applied for their "Power Cash Rewards" card. Since it's a visa signature card, i'm guessing it's harder to get than there other cards.

I wasn't planning on opening a credit card with them at the moment but since they did the hard pull, I guess I minds well try. Think getting any of their other cards will be easier? 

Not sure what my EQ 09 score is. My CK score is 680 while the FICO score discover gives, is 620.

While the Power Cash Rewards can be a Signature card with $5k minimum CL, but they do issue it as non-Signature with lower CLs. I was approved in May 2017 with only $1k CL. After waiting a year for a pre-qual offer for a CLI and getting nothing I called in last month and closed it. I was approved for PayPal 2% Cashback MC in July 2018 w/$8k CL so that is my go-to 2% on anything card and I wasn't going to waste a HP to increase the pathetic PCR CL.

The Promise Visa is generally considered Penfed's easiest card to get.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

While the Power Cash Rewards can be a Signature card with $5k minimum CL, but they do issue it as non-Signature with lower CLs. I was approved in May 2017 with only $1k CL. After waiting a year for a pre-qual offer for a CLI and getting nothing I called in last month and closed it. I was approved for PayPal 2% Cashback MC in July 2018 w/$8k CL so that is my go-to 2% on anything card and I wasn't going to waste a HP to increase the pathetic PCR CL.

Do you know if you can upgrade the promise visa later on?

Message 7 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you know if you can upgrade the promise visa later on?

penfed does not do PC's.. Would have to apply for a new card and they can move the CL then etc.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.