Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Credit Union Visa Platinum Credit Card

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Digital Credit Union Visa Platinum Credit Card

@Anonymous wrote:

I live in Orange County CA and I app'd on 2/27/19 - I was denied. 

I called their Loan Servicing Department, and I spoke with a supervisor who explained the denial was due to me having too much available credit. She specifically said, "your available credit cannot exceed more than 25% of your income".

I'm a risk to their organization in other words.

I asked what it would take for an approval... I was told to payoff Lending Club and reapply in one year.

DCU pulled my Equifax Credit Report.

My Equifax FICO 9 Score was 732 (per PenFed - I bank with PenFed).

My UTL was 8%.

Income is 65k.

I have a personal loan through Lending Club for 23k.

• NuVisionFCU - 1k (opened 8/2012) 
  • CapitalOne Quicksilver Rewards - CL $10,500 (opened 12/2014)
  • JCPenney Store CC - CL 6k (opened 12/2014)
  • Disc. IT - CL $13,500 (opened 10/2018)
  • BofA Cash Rewards - CL 5k (opened 10/2018)
  • NFCU - CL 25k (opened 10/2018)
  • PenFed Power Cash Rewards - CL 10k (opened 10/2018)

Feel free to ask me any questions!

The reason they gave you for the denial is crazy. I don't think the person you spoke to knew what she was talking about.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 11 of 17
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called their Loan Servicing Department, and I spoke with a supervisor who explained the denial was due to me having too much available credit. She specifically said, "your available credit cannot exceed more than 25% of your income".

That excuse is utter and complete bullcrap.  There are few folks with good credit who don't have limits topping 25% of their income.  Never heard a creditor say such nonsense.  DCU by itself gave me a limit more than 25% of income.  Add in all the other creditors and it gets crazy.

I detest when CSRs (or someone on the phone by any other title), just make up lies on the spot.

I had NFCU tell me something similar.  Though they didn't say my limit couldn't exceed 25% of income, they did imply my recent increase was the most I could get based on my income.  I knew that caveat was a lie based on the countless posts on this forum.

Message 12 of 17
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I asked what it would take for an approval... I was told to payoff Lending Club and reapply in one year.

DCU pulled my Equifax Credit Report.

My Equifax FICO 9 Score was 732 (per PenFed - I bank with PenFed).

My UTL was 8%.

Income is 65k.

I have a personal loan through Lending Club for 23k.

• NuVisionFCU - 1k (opened 8/2012) 
  • CapitalOne Quicksilver Rewards - CL $10,500 (opened 12/2014)
  • JCPenney Store CC - CL 6k (opened 12/2014)
  • Disc. IT - CL $13,500 (opened 10/2018)
  • BofA Cash Rewards - CL 5k (opened 10/2018)
  • NFCU - CL 25k (opened 10/2018)
  • PenFed Power Cash Rewards - CL 10k (opened 10/2018)

Feel free to ask me any questions!

It must have been the Lending club loan. As I was instantly approved for the same card a few months ago.

The supervisor just gave you an excuse really. My available credit limits well exceed my household income by 25%, more like 700%. lol

Sometimes the CU's can be finicky. There are many here with limits well passed 25% of their income.

Ditto.

OP, If lenders went by that anaology, there are a lot of MyFICOers who would have been denied additional credit, especially me. I mean really! My income is $73K and my total CL is $133K, and there are far more people who CLs exceeds mine by a long shot.Take @Gmood1 for instance Smiley Wink 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 13 of 17
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Just close your Navy card to appease the digital credit godsSmiley Wink.

OP, you know @Anonymous is joking, right. Don't you dare close your NFCU card! Smiley LOL

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 14 of 17
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

"your available credit cannot exceed more than 25% of your income".

- I would have asked "So, DCU is your day job - are you a stand up comedian at night?"

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 17
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Help me remember... Is DCU what OCTFCU (Orange Co. Teachers FCU) became?

That excuse is LMAO! I hoped you laughed uncontrollably into the phone Smiley Very Happy Like I always say, "Go where your business is appreciated!"

Message 16 of 17
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

DCU is Digital Credit Union they are based out of Mass i think......

On another note i got a 2k card with them  but I just  had my cars refinaced at my local credit union with no problem  I asked about a CC since they all ready pulled my credit was told that my Avi credit was too much so basicaly the same you got i got 90k avi credit  only 4% uti thou and make about 70k a year

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.