Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco Already Hates Me

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Re: Disco Already Hates Me

@FinStar

Obviously there’s no real emotion involved in these decisions. I’m just expressing my disappointment that I wasn’t able to get a CLI after the 60 days like a lot of people were. I also understand that it’s most likely because of all my newly opened accounts. I’m going to continue to use it like I’ve been using it and PIF each time a purchase posts.
I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 21 of 32
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:
@FinStar

Obviously there’s no real emotion involved in these decisions. I’m just expressing my disappointment that I wasn’t able to get a CLI after the 60 days like a lot of people were. I also understand that it’s most likely because of all my newly opened accounts. I’m going to continue to use it like I’ve been using it and PIF each time a purchase posts.

I think you got them mixed up with Amex.  

While some people might have gotten a CLI with Disco prior to the third statement, most do not.  

Ask after the  third statement and see  what they do 

Message 22 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Discover is s DMDY situation.....Smiley Wink
Message 23 of 32
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit

What does DMDY stand for? I don't believe I've seen that one on this forum.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Message 24 of 32
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Discovers more of the after third statement/three months, and a few days for first CLI. And if your lucky, it will be automatic...And if you are really fortunate after the auto cli you’ll get a successful double dip....
Message 25 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit

What does DMDY stand for? I don't believe I've seen that one on this forum.

Lol, just made it up...Discover Might Discover You situationSmiley Wink

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first one I clicked like a crazy ExGF, but no love until 3+ months. Second card I learned my lesson (lie. I went crazy for a month then common sense prevailed) and waited until 3 months and a few days to get my low SL doubled. I've found that Discover is very unpredictable, but tends to reward you eventually imo. The denial letters also say the date the FICO is pulled so if you request it often but they only pull your credit once a month, it's probably not going to get you a different answer in between pulls.
Good luck and don't give up!
Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

See, I don't know about that... Meaning, not getting a different answer between pulls. I'd have to look back at my Disc CLI history, but I don't believe that every one of my CLIs came following a pull; I believe I've been denied after a fresh pull but then approved before the next (new) pull. This suggests to me that the element of time may be a factor here, like after a CLI maybe a set amount of time (say, 100 days) is required before the next CLI. Of course, that would be profile-specific and what may be the case for one person may not be the same for the next.
Message 28 of 32
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My first one I clicked like a crazy ExGF, but no love until 3+ months. Second card I learned my lesson (lie. I went crazy for a month then common sense prevailed) and waited until 3 months and a few days to get my low SL doubled. I've found that Discover is very unpredictable, but tends to reward you eventually imo. The denial letters also say the date the FICO is pulled so if you request it often but they only pull your credit once a month, it's probably not going to get you a different answer in between pulls.
Good luck and don't give up!

Ha! I guess I did have AMEX and Disco mixed up. I'm going to wait till after my December statement before I try again. Also, I had an updated score on my Wells Fargo account yesterday and I FINALLY made it to the 700's!!!! Wells Fargo uses FICO 09, so I'm still waiting for my FICO 08 scores to reach 700. But hey, I've never ever ever in my life had any scores above 700, so I'll take it!!

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBS: Yeah, you're probably right about that.

Queen Etherea: That's awesome!! Congrats!
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.