Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco Already Hates Me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disco Already Hates Me

No, frequent CLI requests through Discover and frequent denials do not hinder future CLI opportunities.

I've mentioned this in many Discover-related threads in the past, but I requested a CLI from them every single Monday for 38 weeks.  If that isn't persistent, I don't know what is.  I've took my limit from $12,500 to $34,300 in about 1.5 years, so IMO there's nothing wrong with slamming the CLI request button often.

Message 11 of 32
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@BrutalBodyShots

Lol!! I seriously love you. That is 100% something I would do. I’ll give them till my statement cuts in December and then they’re going to be bombarded weekly with my advances.
I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 12 of 32
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Remedios

I know... I went a little buck wild. I was just so happy that I was actually being approved for things. I’ve gone my whole 30 years on this earth without this feeling and well, as we all know, it’s quite addicting. I’ve always had crappy credit because I honestly didn’t know better, or just didn’t care. I have a family now who depends on me and these are things that are extremely important in my life at the moment. I hope to buy a house by next year or 2020 latest. We’re living in a crappy 1 bedroom apartment right now because the rent is ridiculously cheap (at least for Southern California), so we’re able to save A LOT of money.

I’ll let these accounts settle. I haven’t and won’t apply for anything any time soon. I just got my new car (Yay first NEW car!) so I’m quite happy with what I have. I know in time I’ll move on to better things, but for now, I’m happy.
I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Message 13 of 32
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@HeavenOhio

That’s a good idea! I was wondering if they used the credit score they showed on my account, or if they did a new soft pull. Right now Discover shows my score at 671, but it’s actually 691! But I’m going to wait till after my December statement to try again.

Thank you!

Message 14 of 32
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Andru123

What do you mean exactly? I get 2% back on all my purchases at the moment. Is there another card I should be using?

Message 15 of 32
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:
@Remedios

I know... I went a little buck wild. I was just so happy that I was actually being approved for things. I’ve gone my whole 30 years on this earth without this feeling and well, as we all know, it’s quite addicting. I’ve always had crappy credit because I honestly didn’t know better, or just didn’t care. I have a family now who depends on me and these are things that are extremely important in my life at the moment. I hope to buy a house by next year or 2020 latest. We’re living in a crappy 1 bedroom apartment right now because the rent is ridiculously cheap (at least for Southern California), so we’re able to save A LOT of money.

I’ll let these accounts settle. I haven’t and won’t apply for anything any time soon. I just got my new car (Yay first NEW car!) so I’m quite happy with what I have. I know in time I’ll move on to better things, but for now, I’m happy.

I went cray cray last September/October, too.  Now I'm doing my penance lol

Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

2% ? Hmm. What card is it? My discover IT gives 1%. Are you 100% sure it's 2%? I heard of student discover cards, they give 2% for limited categories.

@Queen_Etherea wrote:
@Anonymous

What do you mean exactly? I get 2% back on all my purchases at the moment. Is there another card I should be using?

Message 17 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, just to add and as mentioned above by @Remedios, FIs/lenders do not "love" or "hate". These are purely business decisions. So, don't take it personally.

A variety of threads seem to inject lots of unnecessary emotion when in reality it's a business decision at the end of the day.

Admittedly, your new CC activities will not go unnoticed by some lenders, but by the same token if you let things chill and try again in the future when things normalize then the chances to get a CLI will improve.
Message 18 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

2% ? Hmm. What card is it? My discover IT gives 1%. Are you 100% sure it's 2%? I heard of student discover cards, they give 2% for limited categories.

@Queen_Etherea wrote:
@Anonymous

Yes  I'm sure the OP is aware.  The Discover it Chrome has that reward structure for gas and restaurants (up to $1K per Q) + Cashback Match for the first year.  It's on their website. 

Message 19 of 32
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Andru123

I say 2% because I get 1%, but Discover will match my cash back for the year, so it’s essentially 2%.

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.