Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco CLI Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disco CLI Denied

Tsk... The "after 3rd statement" cli has failed me. 3rd statement closed on the 13th, paid the 14th, and today, the 16th, I poked the button. Got denied for my CLI... Sigh, guess disco didn't like me shoving thousands through it these past months. Time to relegate it only to 5% duties. We'll see what synch thinks after the third statement rolls on it the 20th.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Disco CLI Denied

It may be a bit early to hit the CLI button. There's been mixed results with 3rd and 4th month. I would give it another cycle and then try.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's my plan, gonna try again after the 4th statement, then if that's a no go, wait until 6th.
Message 3 of 22
calyx
Super Contributor

I was impatient and tried for a CLI after my third statement cut.
I was also denied.

But about a week later, I got an AUTO-CLI from them.   Hang in there!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 4 of 22
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Same thing happened to me. I'm giving it another 6 months and relegating it to 5% duty, too.

Message 5 of 22
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

You’ll get it eventually. Discover tends to be quite generous, but no one knows exactly why or WHEN the generosity strikes lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 22
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Their reason was something like "insufficient experience with current credit limit" or somesuch. Perhaps I just hit the button a little too early?

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

ive gotten that before, basically they are just sayin whoa whoa, not yet LOL more time.  but then a few months later i was rewarded with 5K cli.  so they do come through, mine does better when i have spend ON the card when i ask.  everytime i ask with a $0 balance, its a NO go.

Message 8 of 22
Aim_High
Super Contributor

patience-young-grasshopper.jpg

@Masterlink   “Got denied for my CLI... Time to relegate it only to 5% duties.”

@5KRunner   “Same thing happened to me. I'm giving it another 6 months and relegating it to 5% duty, too”

Patience, grasshopper.  Patience. 

It’s a marathon, not a sprint.  Show Discover (or any bank you’re dealing with) that you can be a good and dependable customer and the rewards will follow.  Think about it as building a relationship and trust, just like you would with a real person.

I posted recently that my Discover limit is $49,500 after a long-term relationship and I’ve never really pushed that hard.  My limits were raised often and easily with soft pulls, but I never sock-drawered my card or gave up on it. 

And there are no ‘magic formulas’ that work for everyone in every situation. Give it time.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

5% duties are why I got it in the first place. Smiley Tongue I figured it will still grow in time, I'm just not going to toss extra spend on it on other purchases, got 2% cards for that. Although long term 2/10% with the cash match.

EDIT: To add insult, Discover thought it necessary to send me a "3 month update for you Cashback Match" Thanks for reminding me it's been 3 months Discover... ;p

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.