Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco CLI Denied

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Disco CLI Denied

Your only 3 months in and you wanna close the door on them lol . Pushing k upon k through the card doesnt really matter as in the end we each get what Disco wants us to get. Let the year play out on double cash back then let us know how you feelSmiley Wink
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not gonna shut the door, just close it a bit. It's still on most of my bill autopays for that cashback match, except the ones my Cash+ covers. Smiley Happy I'm not gonna lose faith in disco, I just do have other cards to give love too, gonna give my CFU a bit of love so Chase sees usage for my next goal card, the CSP.
Message 12 of 22
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Oh Miss Disco, how I love and lothe your ways.....

How was that @AverageJoesCredit 

So constantly unpredictable.....

But... Seriously after a NEW TL or Card... Its usually a MINIMUM of 3 months before you can get any CLIs...

Sometimes she will do it on your own up to a WEEK after the third statement.... 

And sometimes if you do it too early and get No Soup for You.... her favorite CLI denial love note.... you might end up with an auto CLI within a week or even by your next statement......

One thing iv noticed lately esp with cards...how fast can we get a CLI..  Heres how *I* think Miss Disco worked for my situation....

She actually started me off LOWER than my other cards...... which were both in the 5k dept... around 2500 if i recall correctly....

Most banks do want to get to know your transaction/payment history... and after my third statement.... made a payment..... 

A few days later I noticed my avalible CLI was increased.... and I DOUBLE DIPPED using the CLI button....

It just was like that =)

So hang on.. Use that card and rack up the cashback for the first year... your gonna get double cashback around your anniversary date....

And to repeat what other folks have said... Credit is not a sprint, its a marathon.... 

Miss Disco has been one of my more interesting cards.. And has surprised me a few times in the past few years..

-J

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha, it took Discover 8 months to increase my CL.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a huge fan of requesting early and often, as there's no harm at all in pulling the trigger early.  This is coming from a guy that asked monthly very early on for 1-2 years and then went to weekly for 3/4 of a year.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  I fully expect denial letters for insufficient experience 90% of the time, but the other 10% of the time things come through nicely.

Message 15 of 22
ZackAttack
Established Contributor

My Start limit was $500
Applied Jan 3rd & statement cuts were the 16th

Tried CLI at 2.5 statement mark -> denied

Tried CLI after the 4th statement mark with having a physical check in route to the PO BOX ($68/$500) -> Approved for $1200

MSGCU Rewards | $8kDiscover Cash It | $10kAmex BCP | $15kBest Buy Visa | $20kChase Freedom Flex | $8kDCU Platinum | $8kNFCU Plat | $35kNFCU cashRewards | $24kAffinity FCU Cash Rewards | $7kAmazon Prime | 12.5kChase Unlimited | 16.4kUSAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex | 10kAmex Business Cash | 10k

Loans
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/22/2023 ($299/month)
Closed
Michigan Schools & Gov't CU Titanium 1/4/2019 - 10/2/2020
Ford Credit Car Loan 3-year 7/31/2018-6/6/2021
$1,500 Discover Card 10/2/2020 - 8/18/2021
$3,500 Citi DC 10/14/2020 - 12/11/2021
$8,000 DCU Personal Loan 5-year 5.99% 10/2/2020 - 4/30/2021
$8,000 NFCU CashRewards 1/2/2021 - 7/30/2022
$5,000 MSGCU Personal Loan 3-year 7.75% 4/22/2022 - 10/30/2022
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/7/2021 - 6/22/2023
Message 16 of 22
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

Don't feel too bad OP. 

Every Monday I request a CLI from Discover.

Every Monday I am denied a CLI from Discover

Every Saturday I get mail from Discover.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caardvark wrote:

Don't feel too bad OP. 

Every Monday I request a CLI from Discover.

Every Monday I am denied a CLI from Discover

Every Saturday I get mail from Discover.

Least you keep a good schedule. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the denial paperwork aaaand. Discover, come on now... I woulda took a "not enough experience with current tradeline" but...

"Bureau reports insufficient credit history"

"Ratio of balance to credit line on your account too high"

"Number of recent inquiries as reported by agency"

Hrm... well... uhm... *scratches head*

1: Did... did you forget the history you approved me on? *shrug* Guess they don't like my AAoA.

2: Guess they didn't like the fact I PIF'd all my cards this month so only Cash+ was reporting $8?

3: They pulled TU... I have... two inqs. TWO TOO MANY APPARENTLY. Guess I can't get a CLI until 2 more years.

They listed my TU FICO as 747 and MOAR REASONS

"Length of time accounts have been established"

"Lack of recent installment loan information"

"Too many inquiries last 12 months"

1: ....yeah, you kinda got me.

2: But.. I don't need a loan... Smiley Sad

3: TWO TOO MANY.

*shrug* Smiley Happy Everyone likes aged cheese better, so let's just age 'em awhile.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like the age thing is going to haunt you for awhile. I wouldn’t sweat it, at least they didn’t pull a Chase. 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.