cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco CLI denial (and in other news, water is wet)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disco CLI denial (and in other news, water is wet)

Not a big surprise to get the finger from Miss Disco for a stab at a CLI on my IT Cash, but I got my letter today and the sole reason was "not enough usage of existing limit", which was interesting to me.

In normal times I know that usage seems almost irrelevant for the schizophrenic decision-making algorithms they use, so in light of what's happening in the world, this doesn't surprise me, although I don't recall seeing anyone post about this as a denial reason. If they have, I just flat out missed it, so I thought I'd share this as a DP.

Currently usage does matter to them, and my usage last month was a reported balance of $9.44 when the last statement cut (trailing interest from a balance payoff), and about $230 in spend throughout the month. I paid the balance off in full on the 2nd, and the due date was the 5th. Statement generates on the 10th and will show $0. Limit is $3100. Haven't had a CLI in over a year on this card, and it will be two years old at the end of this month. Usage on my IT Chrome was about the same, $230ish on a $1500 limit, also paid in full.

Guess I'll put $500 or so through it this month and see what happens.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Disco CLI denial (and in other news, water is wet)

I got $500.00 in January, and a "shoo shoo"  every time after that. Granted, I havent been using the card, so I cant say that was wrong decision on their end. 

I got 12 months 0% promo, so this month I parked $1700.00, and going to let it ride a little.

Sadly, while I was thinking that shows usage, I also realized that the limit on it is $24,000.00, so that "usage" ain't looking too impressive 

Sigh.

Message 2 of 18
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

You figure out disco's logic that would be the greatest find in creditland🙂

I get that reason every time . I have tried using it for everything, still get that reason . Use it rarely of course I get that reason then  that fits.

Its a crap shoot with them . I haven't gotten anything since Oct 2019!🙄

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just more of Disco's difficult patterns to try and discern. I'm not surprised on my card to have gone since 6/2019 with no CLI since my profile wasn't the greatest. My TU is up nearly 60 points since then and utilization down from 39% aggregate to under 7%, so I've improved a lot. It was good to see only one reason code for the denial and it's one I can easily work on. Maybe next month it'll work out.

With your limit, yeah $1700 isn't much of a dent, but as wacky as they are, you never know. It may do it.

Message 4 of 18
blindambition
Senior Contributor

How did you find out that water is wet? 😂 

Sorry about your trip down denial. Have you tried offering up gifts? Chocolate, flowers, first born?? J/K!! 😊 

Message 5 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not a big surprise to get the finger from Miss Disco for a stab at a CLI on my IT Cash, but I got my letter today and the sole reason was "not enough usage of existing limit", which was interesting to me.

In normal times I know that usage seems almost irrelevant for the schizophrenic decision-making algorithms they use, so in light of what's happening in the world, this doesn't surprise me, although I don't recall seeing anyone post about this as a denial reason. If they have, I just flat out missed it, so I thought I'd share this as a DP.

Currently usage does matter to them, and my usage last month was a reported balance of $9.44 when the last statement cut (trailing interest from a balance payoff), and about $230 in spend throughout the month. I paid the balance off in full on the 2nd, and the due date was the 5th. Statement generates on the 10th and will show $0. Limit is $3100. Haven't had a CLI in over a year on this card, and it will be two years old at the end of this month. Usage on my IT Chrome was about the same, $230ish on a $1500 limit, also paid in full.

Guess I'll put $500 or so through it this month and see what happens.

Wait, there is other news?Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 18
ACN323
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous I also got that response as well, with my CLI denial last month. 

Started at 490 in Dec.18’'
EX8 740 EQ 756 TU 753
Discover IT $4.7k
Apple Card $2.5k
Amex BCE $10k
Amex Delta Gold $15k
Citi LL Bean $5.4k
Synch Adorama $2k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $8.4k
Message 7 of 18
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Oh Miss Disco, how you have not changed a bit....

Ditzy and mostly unpredictable as always....... well your predictable with the denial reason.... Usually Not Enough Exp.... or No Soup for You....

Still won't give me a BT to my Checking account even now

-J

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude Yep same here. No BT, no CLI, no soup. Maybe someday.

Le sigh...

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least I have BT AND option to checking but it's been no soup on CLIs for over a year. IT gets too little use, Miles gets insufficient experience. It is what it is.

9C348C8F-2A5A-4229-91E3-D339CFE697BD.jpeg

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.