Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco CLI denied

tag
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Disco CLI denied

Well, after getting $9.5k in CLI from Discover the last two months, i ran another $450 through the card last month, and paid the balance in full last week. Statement cut today and tried for another CLI. Got the "at this time we cannot increase your limit" message. 

It was a good run, but looks like i'll be sitting at just over $12k with them for another year until i pull out the Discover card again when the quarterly categories make sense for me to use.

Sad days Smiley Sad

|  
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disco CLI denied

That's quite a bump over a couple months from where you started. Sorry about the denial but I'm sure it'll grow even more in a year. 

Message 2 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@MyFault wrote:

Well, after getting $9.5k in CLI from Discover the last two months, i ran another $450 through the card last month, and paid the balance in full last week. Statement cut today and tried for another CLI. Got the "at this time we cannot increase your limit" message. 

It was a good run, but looks like i'll be sitting at just over $12k with them for another year until i pull out the Discover card again when the quarterly categories make sense for me to use.

Sad days Smiley Sad

9.5 k in cli during last 2 months ( during a Pandemic) is more than most get period lol. Thats pretty impressive. Honestly what you spend or dont spend wont really affect how mych you get or when. Disco has magic formulas for all of us and only by pressing the luv button will we know our worth for the daySmiley Wink

Message 3 of 9
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Anything over $10k from Disco to me, in my mind, is a win. It's not my daily, and not even my secondary. I really only use it for PayPal during the quarter it's 5%. So, it's right where i want it. I'll keep trying every month for a CLI to watch it grow, but i'm much happier with my CL now, than the SL they gave me over a year ago.

|  
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some (myself included) have received some of my best Discover CLIs when not using the card at all for many months. 

I have seen no correlation at all between spend and CLI opportunities.  I've received no CLIs and great CLIs during times I've used the card a lot and I've also received no CLIs and great CLIs during extended periods of non-use when the 5% categories didn't suit me.

Message 5 of 9
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Nah just keep on hulk smashing that luv button every 31 days since they're SPs anyways and spend or no spend don't really matter! Just have a pen handy in case they randomly select you to sign a

4506-t. 🤪

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 6 of 9
MrPepperoni
Regular Contributor

I try every month and get denied every time for over 9 months now lol

Moved to the US in August 2018.
Applied for Citi Costco in November 2018 - Denied due to lack of history (no history).
Started building credit in January 2019. Please hover over each card:

Also have Chase Marriott Bonvoy Bold (6 months old, $11k limit)
Bilt Credit Card (6 months old, $2k limit)
Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (1 month old, $16k limit)
Two paid off auto loans ($20.5K and $15.7K)

Message 7 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:

Nah just keep on hulk smashing that luv button every 31 days since they're SPs anyways and spend or no spend don't really matter! Just have a pen handy in case they randomly select you to sign a

4506-t. 🤪

Lol, HULK SMASHING, good time, good timesSmiley Happy. I miss those days🤧

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrPepperoni wrote:

I try every month and get denied every time for over 9 months now lol

Perfectly normal.  I think my record was 10 months and then I finally got one.  I also went from requesting every month to requesting every week for the better part of a year, so don't be shy on trying even more often!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.