Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco lots of new wallpaper LOL

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Disco lots of new wallpaper LOL

@pinkandgrey wrote:

I know-Disco loves to snail mail. Lol why can’t CC companies switch to emailing for stuff like that?

Side note: when I saw your title I was thinking Disco had started offering new card designs lol. 

LOL sorry about my wording 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 11 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely right on the wallpaper.

I'm not sure AJC has me beat... I'm at about 70 sheets currently, which may make me the Undisputed Wallpaper Champion of the forum at the moment.  If AJC or anyone else has more, please do tell!

I really do want to lay them all out on the floor and get a pic one of these days just for S&Gs.  Maybe when I hit 100 that'll be a good time to make it happen.

Message 12 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

They send a letter when you  decline a CLI? What does it say?

we’re writing to let you know you declined a CLI just in case you were not aware what you did?

Cap1 at least let’s you just close the pop up window if you don’t want the $100 CLI. No letter.

Message 13 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

I know-Disco loves to snail mail. Lol why can’t CC companies switch to emailing for stuff like that?

Side note: when I saw your title I was thinking Disco had started offering new card designs lol. 

Banks don't send out adverse action letters just because they like wasting money.  U.S. Federal law - specifically the Equal Credit Opportunity Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act - requires lenders to notify applicants in writing within 30 days in event of adverse action.  Banks have interpreted the "in writing" requirement to mean a letter sent by U.S. Mail although some lenders like American Express also send out notices online via a PDF file.  And even then they make you jump through hoops to prove that you have access to an Acrobat Reader and can access notices sent in the PDF format.  But since not everyone has online access, and certainly not everyone knows how to access and download PDF files, lenders continue to send notices via U.S. Mail.

Further, sending Notices of Adverse Action by U.S. Mail provides defense to the lenders against claims that they are not complying with the law.  See Archer-Gift v Citigroup, Inc. for an example.

1. Mailing and Receipt of Letters

"With respect to Archer's receipt of the letters, defendants are entitled to a presumption that the letters were received. The declarations from two different employees at Citigroup, the party who sent the letters, confirm that the letters were mailed to Archer at her home address by first class U.S. mail, postage prepaid. The declarants indicate this is based on personal knowledge and/or review of the relevant business records. This is sufficient evidence of proper and timely mailing.

Archer has not rebutted the presumption of receipt by mailing. Specifically, she offers only a declaration stating that she did not receive either letter in the mail. This bald statement falls short of proving the letters never arrived, and does not explain how or why the letters did not reach Archer when mailed to her address. Notably, Archer has acknowledged receipt of a letter pertaining to the Home Depot card that was sent to her by Citigroup via the same mailing system."

Message 14 of 48
Shaw83
Regular Contributor

😂😂

current scores

Gardening since 2/12/21
Cap1 Qs $500
Citi secured-$300
Gettington-$800
Nfcu cash rewards $7000
NFCU nreward sec-$300
ch7 discharge 2013
Message 15 of 48
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol Brutal, now i wish i saved all mineSmiley Wink.

I get so many i often feel like my Disco website actually is broken as its so automatic my denials i could put 150k, 200k , Wall Street, and 2000 and id still get we cant increase at this timeSmiley Wink

Has anyone seen my cli?Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 48
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Banks don't send out adverse action letters just because they like wasting money.  U.S. Federal law - specifically the Equal Credit Opportunity Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act - requires lenders to notify applicants in writing within 30 days in event of adverse action.  Banks have interpreted the "in writing" requirement to mean a letter sent by U.S. Mail although some lenders like American Express also send out notices online via a PDF file.  And even then they make you jump through hoops to prove that you have access to an Acrobat Reader and can access notices sent in the PDF format.  But since not everyone has online access, and certainly not everyone knows how to access and download PDF files, lenders continue to send notices via U.S. Mail.

Further, sending Notices of Adverse Action by U.S. Mail provides defense to the lenders against claims that they are not complying with the law.  See Archer-Gift v Citigroup, Inc. for an example.

1. Mailing and Receipt of Letters

"With respect to Archer's receipt of the letters, defendants are entitled to a presumption that the letters were received. The declarations from two different employees at Citigroup, the party who sent the letters, confirm that the letters were mailed to Archer at her home address by first class U.S. mail, postage prepaid. The declarants indicate this is based on personal knowledge and/or review of the relevant business records. This is sufficient evidence of proper and timely mailing.

Archer has not rebutted the presumption of receipt by mailing. Specifically, she offers only a declaration stating that she did not receive either letter in the mail. This bald statement falls short of proving the letters never arrived, and does not explain how or why the letters did not reach Archer when mailed to her address. Notably, Archer has acknowledged receipt of a letter pertaining to the Home Depot card that was sent to her by Citigroup via the same mailing system."

I know *sigh* lol. I was just feeling whiny. And it does seem strange that Disco sends a letter to let you know that YOU turned down a CLI. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 17 of 48
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Well as many have read I was trying to see if declining the CLI I would get more the next go round, I had been checking every few days and still the same. oh well. What I hadn't realized is that every time I decline the offer it generates a letter LOL. So in the last 2 weeks let's just say my mailbox was full of disco lettersSmiley LOL

How often have you been trying?

In the interest of being FSR... Are you trying daily? weekly? monthly? Every three months, Every 6 months? 

Iv read your post and you arent letting any TIME pass ... Credit is a marathon, not a sprint...  You seem to be in a hurry.... 

Stop

If your playing the every few days game... Just stop... 

At the VERY least you should wait for discover to pull your scores *again* for your FICO score in your account.... 

The more I read your posts the more you sound like your rushing/pushing not letting any time go by...

Yes Miss Disco is very ditzy and unpredictable but c'mon.. Your data isnt changing daily.. 

Seriously you look desprate and if it was a manual process.. your exibiting extreme credit-seeking behavior...

And your killing trees for no self-gain

-J

Message 18 of 48
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Normally I wait every 30 days for updated scores then try for CLI. It was just this last time When they offered a 500 increase I thought I would see if I declined if it would offer more, just testing a theory and didn't realize they would sent a darn letter for the declines, for the record I tried twice to see if it changed as my FICO had updated. I made the joke about wallpaper because it's a running joke. Desperate not really lol, just thought I would see if it went higher. I have already come to conclusion that disco is ditzy as hell and will not be one of my bigger lines and I am ok with it. personally I think it's ridiculous to send a letter when THE CUSTOMER declines the increase.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 19 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They send a letter when you  decline a CLI? What does it say?

"This is a letter to confirm that we have withdrawn your Discover card credit line increase request per your request."

Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.