cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco using VS for SP Prequals I think...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disco using VS for SP Prequals I think...

I do believe Discover is using Vantage Score (not Victorias Secret) Smiley Very Happy now for SP Prequals. Def wasnt a FICO score.... Smiley LOL The score that came in the mail made me do a double take. This was from an ill advised App attack many moons ago.. just got the Denial letter. I though someone got a hold of my info its been so long... (30 days) Smiley Very Happy Not to worry I apped for 3 I think that day. I thought I was puttin in work until I saw what some beasts in the forum can accomplish Smiley LOL Got my hand slapped and I put the laptop away. Smiley Embarassed Disco said I needed more meat on my bones....

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Disco using VS for SP Prequals I think...

@Anonymous wrote:

I do believe Discover is using Vantage Score (not Victorias Secret) Smiley Very Happy now for SP Prequals. Def wasnt a FICO score.... Smiley LOL The score that came in the mail made me do a double take. This was from an ill advised App attack many moons ago.. just got the Denial letter. I though someone got a hold of my info its been so long... (30 days) Smiley Very Happy Not to worry I apped for 3 I think that day. I thought I was puttin in work until I saw what some beasts in the forum can accomplish Smiley LOL Got my hand slapped and I put the laptop away. Smiley Embarassed Disco said I needed more meat on my bones....

I get more letters from them than any person should 😂and my score appears to remain FICO, of course this is for CLIs on my card. Not sure if they would use useless VS but who knows, maybe others will have same experience? 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I get more letters from them than any person should 😂and my score appears to remain FICO.

My Experian IdentityWorks might be broken then Smiley Surprised Oh boyyyy.... Smiley Very Happy Just kidding... No spree for me...

Message 3 of 22
grower1
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I do believe Discover is using Vantage Score (not Victorias Secret) Smiley Very Happy 

I really thought this was about Victoria's Secret before opening the thread Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 22
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I get more letters from them than any person should 😂and my score appears to remain FICO, of course this is for CLIs on my card. Not sure if they would use useless VS but who knows, maybe others will have same experience? 

+1 

I just looked at my Disco CLI denial letter and it uses FICO TU score in the "decision". I received the dreaded, "INSUFFICIENT EXPERIENCE WITH CURRENT DISCOVER CARD CREDIT LIMIT", excuse. 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 5 of 22
joltdude
Senior Contributor

On some accounts, namely student apps.. Discover was using an enhanced scoring calculation from a third party... that was bought out by one of the big three.. Forget the company but it wasn't a VS score.. That said for most everything else it was TU, and EX....

I got a great score by whatever the company they were using but since it wasnt a student card, it was declined/denied...

That was quite a few years back... =)

-J

Message 6 of 22
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Both FICO8 and VG3 are about the same for me but Ill keep that o mind. Thanks

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

On some accounts, namely student apps.. Discover was using an enhanced scoring calculation from a third party... that was bought out by one of the big three.. Forget the company but it wasn't a VS score.. That said for most everything else it was TU, and EX....

I got a great score by whatever the company they were using but since it wasnt a student card, it was declined/denied...

That was quite a few years back... =)

-J

The score in the letter almost had me logging back online to finish what I started 30 days prior Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover sends out letters if the the prequal has no offers?

I just checked my CLI letters and they all say TU FICO and the score and the date matches the TU FICO that is pulled monthly for the scorecard in my account. Even if you ask mutiple times in the month the score is always from that one monthly pull. At least that has been my experience.

Message 9 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

This may help your VS Victoria Secret Disco Mystery? I believe They (Disco) SP TU Mortgage Score 4 for CLI's?  .. This could be why the CLI's are so erratic and sporadic???

If In Fact @credit_is_crack 's "Which Banks Pull Which Report For Apps"   ..

I believe he has collected some good DP's on this. It is my Go To!,  ..Maybe He will chime in?, since I gave Him a Call. For pre-qual apps EQ FICO8 and Cold App's EX FICO8.

Could be State dependant, as some states will use a different Bureau?   ...Unless I Am Missing something here?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/The-quot-Which-Banks-Pull-Which-Report-For-Ap...

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.