Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 2 day review message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover 2 day review message

Hey there. I'd been trying to hit the luv button on my DIscover for CLI since my 2nd statement cut with auto denials and now I'm just about at or over the 90 days since account opening, so last night I tried again and this time I got the 2 day review message. I've been trying to read similar threads on here but they're a few years old so I was wondering if there was any recent talk about this that may give me a clue as to what I should expect? Thanks!

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover 2 day review message

The review message can go either way. It’s certainly better than the instant denial for a CLI. I’ve received the review message probably three times and almost always end up getting at least a 500 bucks credit line increase. I got the 2 day message last month and after a few days they increased my limit from 9500 to 13000.
Message 2 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok, so maybe it's a good thing then. I've read so many threads where MOST of them cited that the 2 day review would most certainly yield a CLI, however, there were those who stated it was probably a denial. It's been about 20 hours since I received that message, and still nothing. I've read that some people have waited a few minutes or even a few hours and logged back in to see the increase, so I guess I just need to wait it out. Since you've received these messages before, (and if you don't mind my asking), what was the average wait time for those 2 day reviews before you heard anything from them?

Message 3 of 32
Stribe
Contributor

If you don’t see anything auto update in your account over the weekend just give them a call on a Monday.

At 90 days I received an auto CLI from $8500 ->$11,900, but YMMV. One thing I’ve found with discover is they have been generous. 

5/25/2022

Amex BCE $17,4k | Apple Card $7k | Chase Amazon $11k | Chase Ink Cash Business $30,4k | Citi AAdvantage $7,5k | Citi Costco Business $15k | Discover It $15,4k | PayPal $15k | Synch Amazon $10k | Target RC MC $9k | US Bank Cash+ $3k
Message 4 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve been with discover since 2016 and my SL was $1K when I asked for $5K pre-approval mailer for balance transfer. I never asked for a CLI until today. They had given me CLI a couple times and have a CL of $8K but I was trying to help ease the ultization and I got that same 2 day message. We shall see, it could be good or bad. If you hear nothing by Monday give them a call.
Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Each time I’ve received the 2 day message it’s literally taken two business days; if not 3 for them to render the decision. Now that I think about I don’t think I’ve ever had a instantly approved CLI request with discover. Each time they’ve had to be manually approved.
Message 6 of 32
joltdude
Senior Contributor

In the past, a two day is usually the norm for my CLIs.. Basically means an actual human gives your request a once-over... not completely automated... don't worry if it takes longer than 2 days... iv had one that took almost 4-5 days and still got it.. 

Last one had the slider though... Smiley Wink

Basically all a 2 day means is someone has to look it over...it could be a denial or it could be an approval...

-J

Message 7 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck! Hopefully they approve your request. Let us know how it turns out for you.
Message 8 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@joltdude wrote:

In the past, a two day is usually the norm for my CLIs.. Basically means an actual human gives your request a once-over... not completely automated... don't worry if it takes longer than 2 days... iv had one that took almost 4-5 days and still got it.. 

Last one had the slider though... Smiley Wink

Basically all a 2 day means is someone has to look it over...it could be a denial or it could be an approval...

-J

Pretty much this ^^^^ OP.  No need to countdown the hours.  If approved you'll see the change on your account, but as others have mentioned, give it at least until Monday/Tuesday.  If not approved, you can try it again next time.

Message 9 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ive only seen this message 2 times in over 2 years with Discover, both times denied. First time got a letter said they couldnt access my Eq , lolwut!
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.