Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 2 day review message

tag
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover 2 day review message

Except Monday is a  bank holiday so Tuesday.

Message 11 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

i had a 2 day message when i tried a cli a few months ago turned into a 500 cli if i remember right

Message 12 of 32
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

Last weekend, I requested an increase on both my Discover IT and IT Chrome.  I also got the 2 day review. By Tuesday they had raised my Discover it a whopping $500 from $15,500 to $16,000 and my Chrome from $3,000 to $6,000.  So, $3,500 was a pretty good number over all. Good luck and let us know.

Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 13 of 32
JamP
Valued Contributor

Well the 2 day message used to be good and hopefully it means credit line increases again.

I tried on my account and got a straight denial.

So lets hope they start up the Discover Train again, if anyone remembers that Smiley Happy

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 14 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well these are the kind of recent experiences I was hoping for! It was so hard to tell with definite No's, and then other threads saying definitely yes lol...aaahhhh so conflicting! I'm glad to see that you guys are having similar issues with more approvals stated than denials. I'll be sure to share my outcome with you, either way, but you know I'm rooting for a YES (yays!) and not a NO (booo). You guys are great, thanks so much for your input and for sharing 😁 I won't care what they give me as long as they give lol
Message 15 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

This is Discover in a nutshell. No 2 approvals or denials alikeSmiley Wink Discover BINGO anyone?Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 32
JamP
Valued Contributor

No CLI. Was able to apply for another cli today and straight denial. SO maybe just a Discover glitch that day....

OH how we wish for a Discover Train...

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 17 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys! I still havent heard from them, not a denial, nor auto increase, nor hey kid...get away, you bother me lol. I've been checking both my account and email all weekend including today, but still nothing to report except the tumbleweeds blowing through. Someone said that they requested late Thursday/Friday (which is what I did) and didn't hear anything back until the following Tuesday so maybe tomorrow will be the day. Either way, this waiting is killing me...I like hearing the yays or nays immediately that way you know where you stand. So if they come back with a denial, should I turn around and try again? I opened the account about November 18th last year according to my approval email from them.

Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience, the approval email has always lagged a day or two behind the actual account change. Sadly, with discover card, it’s a waiting game. Even when I’ve called before on them when I’ve received the need to review message no one has ever decisioned it right then and there. If it comes back as a denial I would wait at least a month or so before trying again.
Message 19 of 32
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Hmm Discover Bingo.. DId I win the jackpot?

-J

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.