Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 2nd (second) card app thread

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover 2nd ( second) card app thread

I think a hp for your second card is YMMV. See above poster who did not recieve. I did but then again i couldnt prequal due to frozen Eq.
Message 31 of 431
minski
Established Contributor

I'll play.

April 2014 - Discover It - EQ - SL likely $4000; CL $8600 (some auto, couple requested) - starting APR likely 12.99% - not sure what my score was but pretty sure it was > 760. No cash back match at the time, and by the time I learned that some people were offered it on existing cards, it was too late for me. Smiley Sad

October 2017 - Discover It - no pull; was a pre-qual - SL $5000; CL $6500 (SP CLI) - APR 11.99% - not sure what my score was but Nov 2017 NavyFed EQ 09 score was 796. Cash back match offered! Promotional 0% APR for 15 months offered. I timed my app wrong, though. My spend decreased dramatically soon after the app so not taking as much advantage of the cash back match as I intended; however, I decided to carry a balance (reason why I requested a CLI when I usually don't) and earn interest on the cash while I have the 0% promo APR. Smiley Frustrated Planning on closing this card after the cash back match period. May re-app later down the line if expenses pick up and cash back match is still offered. 

Message 32 of 431
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Yeah right, I'll apply for a 2nd Discover card when hell freezes over Smiley Happy They've treated me so royally on my first one, conferring a $300 CLI on me once in a blue moon.

To use their phraseology 'I've had sufficient experience with their credit limits'.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 33 of 431
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, we'll always have the South Jamaican Special and no one can ever deny us thatSmiley Happy
Message 34 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my MyFico Alert, got a HP from Discover yesterday on EQ. Current EQ score is 704
Message 35 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

HP for 2nd card EQ...

Message 36 of 431
rprisco
Regular Contributor

Curious, anyone know if the 2nd card will show in the App under same user info?
Also another DP, b4 apping for 2nd card, Disco constantly offered 12mo BT 0% through the app. I looked today for giggles on the 1st card, No BT offers available. Coincidence?
one more question, when can I close one of the accounts and combine limits?
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 37 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, but a HP is not worth another Discover card. IMO

Not when I can get decent CLI's on the first one. Maybe if they had better rewards system and braoder coverage/acceptance.

Message 38 of 431
rprisco
Regular Contributor

Janus- the cash back match is hard to pass up. IMO it's not all about CL. But that brings up another question. What effect a 2nd card will have on future CLI on card 1 and 2?
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 39 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regardless of what CL I'm given, it will result in a HP. Something I want no part of ATM. However, the new CL would add to total available CL. Which is something that can be achived currently without a HP.  The match would be okay, if I didn't already have enough cards offering some kind of rewards. Recently got a CSP and Amex Delta Gold I have to meet spend on to earn sign up bonus for a trip I'm planning.

Perhaps in time, their quiant little card will offer me something worth a HP. 

Message 40 of 431
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.