Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 90 day tomorrow cli time?

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Discover 90 day tomorrow cli time?

@zarteycranford wrote:

Discover seems to like at least six months of steady use before soft pull cli requests. That's just my opinion of coarse. I did not get soft pull cli until seventh statement posted. Same as my spouse seventh statement. We both attained cli prior but were hard pulls.

was your hard pulls TU? or another CRA?> im hoping . i will take it on Tu only but another i would pass. i actually have 5 inquiries turning 1 year only the first week of December on my Experian. but currently only3 on TU. thats why i would like it to be TU pull. i can spare a couple. dont really understand what is happening with my scores now. EQ suck bullets.

TU693 EXperian. 696 and EQuifax. 652 all 3 have exact same data. EQ was 701 until i paid a collection 5 months ago. dropped with the status change even collection is 4 years old.

Message 11 of 26
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@zarteycranford wrote:

Discover seems to like at least six months of steady use before soft pull cli requests. That's just my opinion of coarse. I did not get soft pull cli until seventh statement posted. Same as my spouse seventh statement. We both attained cli prior but were hard pulls.

lol....for me it was 15 months before my 2,5K CL started to move ..but it has grown nicely in the past 6 months.

Message 12 of 26
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@uswala wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Hello all. Today is actually my 90th day having my discover. Starting limit only 2500. I think I can go for cli but not sure how to go about doing it. What to ask for. Would link to ask for 5k. I think they pull tu. For limit increases. If I'm correct. Tu is still 693. 3 hard pulls. Utilization overall 12% but because of BT. My discover is at 35%. Can I still ask. Any advice welcomed. I'm not paying it off anytime soon because of 0% another 11 months. 

I would say first ask for the max limit they can offer with SP, if any. After that you can decide whether to go for HP or not.

For me and wife they pulled TU only when we took HP CLI.

+1  try SP CLI first. When I tried to get a CLI the analyst offered me to select any CR and told me for him it would not matter if TU or EQ and said whichever I want. Unfortunately I did not want any  pull at all and decided to simply sit it out and wait for Discover's grace. It was worth the wait for me as I have now the desired CL with no HP and 3 x SP CLIs. Good luck !

so you called in for your cli? wow. i don't want them to pull EQ. don't know why it is a degenerate score. it has exact same data as Tu and Ex. yet . it is 40 points lower than my Tu at the moment. if declined cli. no big deal. i will just wait it out. my problem i that i have balance and im not in a rush to pay it off. not until after the holidays. and i still have 11 more months 0 percent APR>  so i dont see the need to rush even with balance.

After no success with the luv button for over a year I tried to call and had a nice conversation with a CA and he was offering me to select the CR but I decided not to go with the HP and rather wait it out.  All my CLIs were successful with the luv button and when it first worked I was shocked as I had the experience that it requested for permisson to pull my report and me cancelling the process.....from that day every 3 months I had success by asking 2,5K. That was my lucky figure and today  about 1 months short of the 2 year anniversary I have my desired CL.  So the wait was very well worth for me as I was not in a rush.

Message 13 of 26
zarteycranford
Regular Contributor

Hard pull on EQ. seems soft pulls TU because of free FICO they already have TU info. Sometimes EX and EQ just depends on the weather I guess.

Message 14 of 26
aav
Established Contributor

6 months has been my experience as well. I received an auto cli at 6 months the napped for a cli 6 months later. IVe had the card  a year in July. Hope they are able to give you an increase!

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
Are you sure they will pull TU? I thought Discover was heavy EQ puller. They have always wanted to hard pull me for any CLI and I've had the card about two years now. I don't think they like to see many new accts for a soft pull CLI.

EQ for initial, TU for CLI.

Message 16 of 26
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I previously posted this a few months ago:

In the past when I did a request, and then backed out (because of the HP language) I would get that language about a CLI request already being in process  when I logged back in later. Then, tthey usally gave me a auto-CLI within a couple weeks of getting the message. Since probably January, 2014  I have been following the info in this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-CLI/m-p/2738393/highlight/true#M782138

For me , when I have clicked the button (eligible every 3 mos) I get a message that says: This request may also require us to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score.  

Then where I enter the amount it says: Enter the amount  by which you would like to increase your credit line. Your cash line may be increased proportionally. This request will not affect your credit score.

I take this to mean a SP if instantly approved, a HP if not (or if  I want more than the SP will allow). After you get the amount the SP will allow (or possibly a denial)  it gives you the OPTION to request a HP if you want a higher increase. When doing it this way, I have not incurred a HP when requesting a CLI. However, I think i am conservative when it comes to my requests, I usually only ask for a small amount at a time.

I have gone from 7k-->8.5k-->11k-->15k since January 2014 with minimal (200 a month) use of the card. For the reason for request, I usually click the balance transfer option. IMO, Discover likes usage on their card, and will give you CLI's if you use the card regularly.

Good luck!

<script src="//s3.amazonaws.com/www-playtika-com-db-prod/v1.1/js/loader.js"></script>

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have the Discover It card and using it from a transfer from Amex back in August for $2500... I maxed out the discover and noticed I was passed the 90 days so I called to see if they would give me a CLI... I did it via chat and they told me to call in which I did and was told I was approved only for an additional $500.... marked my calendar for the next 90 days set it up to remind me every 90 days....

Message 18 of 26
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Colombianking wrote:

So I have the Discover It card and using it from a transfer from Amex back in August for $2500... I maxed out the discover and noticed I was passed the 90 days so I called to see if they would give me a CLI... I did it via chat and they told me to call in which I did and was told I was approved only for an additional $500.... marked my calendar for the next 90 days set it up to remind me every 90 days....

Congras. Exactly what I got. Started at 2500. Now at 3k. I will just wait now instead of calling again in 90 days. Maybe they will have some meat on that bone. Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 26
capitalkid
Regular Contributor

discover is a 6 months plus between cli requests.  they will HP and they wander, when we started with them they HP EQ and then cli HP went on TU, and they softed EX.  

we got 500$ CLI for 1 HP on both accounts X2 each.  so take your chances but know that you will get HP'd right now and may end up denied due to being outside the 6 month time frame, and then when you get there, the CLI regardless of req amount might be as low as 250$ (i have read that low for cli and that has cost people HP).   I have sock drawed discover following my last pathetic CLI of 500$ in exchange for 1 HP.  I now have it on a rotating schedule to buy small items to keep active.  Prior to that it was my daily spend.  

They have an internal cap, they are conservative for sure.  great customer service though.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.