cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Denial (insufficient experience with CL)

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover CLI Denial (insufficient experience with CL)

@masscredit wrote:

Can Discover accounts be combined?

Yes but...

Supposedly... the account recieving the combined amount has to be eligible for a CLI.....

@pizza1 has experience with this...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Round-2-DISCOVER-Acct-Combo-Success/td-p/5454407

Message 41 of 59
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

Can Discover accounts be combined?

Yes but...

Supposedly... the account recieving the combined amount has to be eligible for a CLI.....

@pizza1 has experience with this...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Round-2-DISCOVER-Acct-Combo-Success/td-p/5454407

Good info there!!!  I like the account combination stratgy. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 42 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with 6K SL about 7 months ago. Never got a CLI after 3-4 months opening account probably because I usually only use it for category spend, but I’m sure they must be aware that most people use it mostly for that reason. That’s why I think people have great success getting promotional 0% BT when asking CSRs. They get a good portion of money through BT fees and people not paying off in time. I did a small BT of about 2.5k and I paid it off. I have since received 1.5K 3 months in a row bringing me up to 10.5K. I will try again after statement close this month. Also I usually let $100 or so report then pay in full.
Message 43 of 59
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, story of my life. The NEEWCL, is just bubkiss. I dont even open mine anymore i just shred itSmiley Wink

Wait.... I thought you were waiting for an overpayment check?  Or did that come in already? 

Message 44 of 59
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@BPebbles wrote:

Lol, story of my life. The NEEWCL, is just bubkiss. I dont even open mine anymore i just shred itSmiley Wink

Wait.... I thought you were waiting for an overpayment check?  Or did that come in already? 

feels the weight now then chooses to shred or not ? Smiley Tongue

Message 45 of 59
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@BPebbles wrote:

feels the weight now then chooses to shred or not ? Smiley Tongue

Now that sounds like AJC!  Smiley Tongue

Message 46 of 59
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, wow my post was way to prophetic or maybe i jinxed myself Smiley Wink. Yes i shredded the first check, second check hasnt come in yet though i need to be careful, i do have another rejection letter coming too. I haven't smashed in 2 days as even Hulk gets tired of the lonely lonelySmiley Sad.
Message 47 of 59
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Today I received another "we don't love you enough to increase your credit line" letter (I tried again last week) along with a box that contained my second Discover card. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 48 of 59
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Been 6 months since mine another statement and FICO update > 800 TU just happened.. I am so over them stuck at 11,250 dollars.  Will just use them for 5% cats when convenient and not give them a ounce of other charges.  Obviously they know I am a transactor vs. carry balance type of person with ample other credit thus don't see squat from them.  Tempted to take a HP for a decent increase, but i know it would come back at something like 500 and I would blow my top Smiley Happy.  I think what aggravates me although it shouldnt is people with "fair" scores and incomes considerably less have way higher limits and keep getting CLI's.  I should know now not to compare myself or profile to others as it is impossible and each lender looks for certain things, but still hard not to keep my blood from boiling.  I feel dirty each time I am denied for a CLI for "not enough time at current limit" which IMO is just a generic excuse as they can't think of anything else Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 59
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Discover be cray cray! Just got another 12 month 0% apr added to my 1 year old It tonightSmiley Happy
Message 50 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.