cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Denial (insufficient experience with CL)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI Denial (insufficient experience with CL)

@Anonymous wrote:

I went from 1000 to 10,500 in 6 months. 

Very nice 10X growth in a very short period of time.

Message 31 of 59
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I know useage sometimes doesn't matter but I've run close to $8K through the card this month. I made a payment to take care of last month's useage ($1800) and will be letting this month's spending report. I'll pay that off next month. Maybe that will give me a few points when it comes to experience with the credit line.  

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 32 of 59
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I felt bold and curious... Just hit up Miss Disco... and... instead of a No Soup For You ... got offered a CLI...

Been keeping the card as a zero balance on statement date... for a few months... only putting on a reoccuring charge since i was putting some spend on the Amex... 

Just some data..

-J

Message 33 of 59
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I was curious, too. Still a no go. 

Message 34 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@masscredit wrote:

I know useage sometimes doesn't matter but I've run close to $8K through the card this month. I made a payment to take care of last month's useage ($1800) and will be letting this month's spending report. I'll pay that off next month. Maybe that will give me a few points when it comes to experience with the credit line.  

As I posted earlier, I don't believe spend has anything to do with experience with the credit line, which appears to be a time-related factor.  That's not to say that the additional spend won't help in some way, especially if percentage wise (utilization) it makes up a decent portion of your limit.  What do you plan on the card reporting at utilization wise?  Will this be your "high balance" on the card?

Message 35 of 59
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

As I posted earlier, I don't believe spend has anything to do with experience with the credit line, which appears to be a time-related factor.  That's not to say that the additional spend won't help in some way, especially if percentage wise (utilization) it makes up a decent portion of your limit.  What do you plan on the card reporting at utilization wise?  Will this be your "high balance" on the card?

The card will probably close around $8K unless I make another payment before the closing date which I'm considering. I ended up checking out their pre-qualification site. It said I'd be approved for another IT card so I went for it.  Received a SL of $7500. My first card started at $6K last January. 

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 36 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once I pay off the remaining BT balance, I let it rest for 6 months and hit them again. Otherwise I don't know what they want when it comes to experience, usage, non usage or how long doing both? 6 and 6 = 12, or only use it every 3 months? lol

Message 37 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just stumbled across this thread.

My Discover is 2 years old. SL was $7,500. Now it is $27,500. I did use it heavily during the first year maxing out almost every quarter. Now that I give it 1 or 2 swipes a year, I still do receive CLI every 3-4 months but not as big as they used to give.
Message 38 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Further evidence above that minimal use to non-use can still result in CLIs from Discover.  Heavy spend is not necessary in order to achieve steady CLIs. 

Message 39 of 59
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Can Discover accounts be combined?

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 40 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.