Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Pending Response?

tag
shoo
Frequent Contributor

Discover CLI Pending Response?

I was just so excited to see the CLI page working for me on Discover, that I immediately put in my information and almost had a heart attack when I saw the message,

"Decisions are typically made within 2 business days of submission. There's nothing else you need to do at this time."

I totally just got a CLI from them last month... so this was more of a "spur of the moment, I wonder if I can get another one before 90 days" move. I don't care if it's denied, I just don't want a HP! Most of the threads I've read are people saying they called to verify that it wasn't going to be a HP and I'm just kind of feeling sheepish about calling since it's obvious I JUST got an increase.

Should I suck it up and call to make sure it's not a HP? I feel kinda embarrassed...

$4200$1000$2650$53,000$6500$2500$12,500$7000$7000$34,700$12,100$10,000
EX - 790 | TU - 782 | EQ - ?
--- In the garden since April 2019 ---
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Discover CLI Pending Response?

Yes. that is the standard response when it is not instant. and in most cases they will call you on the phone or tell you to call them if there is anything to discuss. and viola. increase. but dont expect too much. i just go cli let me see. on the 13th of febuary. another 500. bucks. takes me to 3500 on my discover. ooh well. and good luck.

Message 2 of 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Yes. that is the standard response when it is not instant. and in most cases they will call you on the phone or tell you to call them if there is anything to discuss. and viola. increase. but dont expect too much. i just go cli let me see. on the 13th of febuary. another 500. bucks. takes me to 3500 on my discover. ooh well. and good luck.

misread. if you just got one. forget it. it will never happen. as they are strict when it comes to every 90 days. also you may have just wasted another hp.

Message 3 of 11
shoo
Frequent Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

misread. if you just got one. forget it. it will never happen. as they are strict when it comes to every 90 days. also you may have just wasted another hp.

Oh no! Isn't it supposed to be a SP? I only got the one screen that asked for income and employment - no phone number. I hit submit and the next screen didn't say anything about a HP - only the 2 business days message. Did I misunderstand the new way it works?

Message 4 of 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

@yeshoo wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Oh no! Isn't it supposed to be a SP? I only got the one screen that asked for income and employment - no phone number. I hit submit and the next screen didn't say anything about a HP - only the 2 business days message. Did I misunderstand the new way it works?

first. there is only 1 screen now. and in small print at the very bottom it tells you about it.it says we will may review your credit report. and let you know in 2 business days. log back in and look again. yes. no phone number. but clearly says about report. when i did it 2 weeks ago. hard pull. for 500. im done asking discover. since i have high usage. when i pay it down maybe they will be generous.

i think i can show you.

Enter your information below to help us determine how much of a credit line increase you may be eligible for.

All fields are required.

Total Annual Gross Income Types of income to include

This input only accepts nine digits, all other alpha and special characters are restricted. $
  • Please enter a valid amount. If you have no annual income, enter "0".
  • Total Annual Gross Income is a required field. Please enter a valid amount. If you have no annual income, enter "0".

Close x
Types of income to include

Examples include current or reasonably expected salary, wages, bonus pay, tips, commissions, and income from interest, dividends, retirement benefits and rental property.

If you are 21 or over, you may include another person's income that is available to you. A spouse/domestic partner is an example.

You must have a total annual income of at least $10,000 to be considered for a credit line increase unless you are a full-time student.

Employer Name Don't have an employer?

This input only accepts six digits, all other alpha and special characters are restricted.
  • Please enter a valid Employer Name. Enter "Other" if you are not currently employed.
  • A valid Employer Name is required. Enter "Other" if you are not currently employed.

Close x
Don't have an employer?

If you do not have an employer or would prefer not to answer, please enter "other" in the field to the right.

Monthly Housing Payment

This input only accepts six digits, all other alpha and special characters are restricted. $
  • Please enter a valid amount. If you have no housing payment, enter "0".
  • Monthly Housing Payment is a required field. Please enter a valid amount. If you have no housing payment, enter "0".

After reviewing your application, we may need to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score. In these cases, we will proceed with the application only with your consent.

Message 5 of 11
shoo
Frequent Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@yeshoo wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

first. there is only 1 screen now. and in small print at the very bottom it tells you about it.it says we will may review your credit report. and let you know in 2 business days. log back in and look again. yes. no phone number. but clearly says about report. when i did it 2 weeks ago. hard pull. for 500. im done asking discover. since i have high usage. when i pay it down maybe they will be generous.

i think i can show you.

Enter your information below to help us determine how much of a credit line increase you may be eligible for.

All fields are required.

Total Annual Gross Income Types of income to include

This input only accepts nine digits, all other alpha and special characters are restricted. $
  • Please enter a valid amount. If you have no annual income, enter "0".
  • Total Annual Gross Income is a required field. Please enter a valid amount. If you have no annual income, enter "0".

Close x
Types of income to include

Examples include current or reasonably expected salary, wages, bonus pay, tips, commissions, and income from interest, dividends, retirement benefits and rental property.

If you are 21 or over, you may include another person's income that is available to you. A spouse/domestic partner is an example.

You must have a total annual income of at least $10,000 to be considered for a credit line increase unless you are a full-time student.

Employer Name Don't have an employer?

This input only accepts six digits, all other alpha and special characters are restricted.
  • Please enter a valid Employer Name. Enter "Other" if you are not currently employed.
  • A valid Employer Name is required. Enter "Other" if you are not currently employed.

Close x
Don't have an employer?

If you do not have an employer or would prefer not to answer, please enter "other" in the field to the right.

Monthly Housing Payment

This input only accepts six digits, all other alpha and special characters are restricted. $
  • Please enter a valid amount. If you have no housing payment, enter "0".
  • Monthly Housing Payment is a required field. Please enter a valid amount. If you have no housing payment, enter "0".

After reviewing your application, we may need to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score. In these cases, we will proceed with the application only with your consent.

Yes, that's the screen basically. Thanks for putting it here as I can no longer see mine (since it's "pending")! But it does say that they will only proceed with my consent, right? So they have to ask me first I'm assuming.

Message 6 of 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

That is correct. but when i hit submit 2 weeks ago on this exactly screen. my report was already pulled when they called me on the phone . she had report in front of her and asked me about a 5 year old collection. which is 200 dollars but paid. and then said. congrats. you have 500 bucks. i said wth. thats it. ok. but i hope you are right. they may call you never the less as they did me and hopefully that ask if they can pull. but im sure they will see the increase you just got. hopefully auto denied without a hp.

Message 7 of 11
shoo
Frequent Contributor

Okay, I just sucked it up and talked to a person. I wasn't approved, but it was a SP. Phew! Thank for your help, though! I'll just wait a couple more month till I try again!

Message 8 of 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

yes. very good. as they follow that to the book. used to be every 6 months. but they loosend up a little now. so i got 2 in the last 6 months. just got my card last august. started at 2500. then to 3000. now to 3500. honestly. its one of my lowest cards but i really love the 5 percent back as it adds up fast.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it says Pending, then you agreed to a Hard Pull
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.