Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Request - Under Review - UPDATE: DECLINED

tag
ultimaterewardsguy357
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover CLI Request - Under Review

@Anonymous wrote:

Hoping the best for you! Keep us updated. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks! No one has advised whether I should call or not. Lol I guess I'll wait it out...

10/23/2023 [FICO Score 8] EX: 768 TU: 761 EQ: 777

Future Cards:
Message 11 of 21
ultimaterewardsguy357
Regular Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:

So Congrats?

2 business days concludes today. I will check my account tomorrow. No one has advised whether I should call or not. Lol I guess I'll wait it out...maybe call back Thursday and give Disco an extra day for review.

Future Cards:
Message 12 of 21
ultimaterewardsguy357
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Under review used to  spell good chance at success. As of late its really a toss up . Ive found if your cli isnt instant , best to try again later.

That was my understanding as well about it being 50/50. I think I will just follow up on Thursday for good measure if I don't see anything EOB tomorrow.

Future Cards:
Message 13 of 21
ultimaterewardsguy357
Regular Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@ultimaterewardsguy357 wrote:

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 9.33.04 PM.png

Hello Everyone!

I came across past posts whether this has been hit or miss and you either get a CLI or you do not.  I applied for this request on April 11th  (31 days from when I got the email congratulating me on my March 8th double dip CLI) at 9:30ish PM and then saw the message above. On April 8th (31 days from my last CLI, I got the "Insufficient Experience With Current Limit") and then called on the 10th to speak with a credit analysts and he mentioned Discover's policy changed from reviewing every 3-6 months for CLIs to every 12 months and this happened very recently. This gentleman was very kind, pleasant and told me that since it is a SP, I can request a CLI until I am blue in the face and it's typically their system that grants the increases based on your credit report and other factors. He also mentioned they moved away from having a human review your CLI request because then it becomes personal and due to the economy they have had to shift how they do things.

Question for you, should I wait until after tomorrow to follow up Wednesday or Thursday to call and speak with someone about this? Or should I leave it alone, keep the card PIF and request a CLI in May after the statement closes on April 23rd?

Under review is a good signfiesta.gif

I hope so LOL

Future Cards:
Message 14 of 21
ultimaterewardsguy357
Regular Contributor

@601flyguy wrote:

This message usually results in success. 

Thanks! I hope so, too.

Future Cards:
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hoping the best for you! Keep us updated. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks! No one has advised whether I should call or not. Lol I guess I'll wait it out...

I don't have any advice for you because I have only request 1 CLI and it was declined. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Message 16 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Under review used to  spell good chance at success. As of late its really a toss up . Ive found if your cli isnt instant , best to try again later.

That was my understanding as well about it being 50/50. I think I will just follow up on Thursday for good measure if I don't see anything EOB tomorrow.

Do what i do, still dont see it, smash againSmiley Wink

Man the postsl service be cray cray.  Go days without nothing then today everything,....8 more denials lol. I think im done for sure now. Being unemployed  isnt best way to smashSmiley Wink

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope to hear of your success! 

Message 18 of 21
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Mine went under review and I waited... Did not hear anything from Discover. I smashed the button again several days later and got my CLI. As busy as lenders are nowadays, I'm not sure if the review will go anywhere. Mine was pre-covid-19.

Message 19 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover CLI Request - Under Review - UPDATE: DECLINED

Hope you get better luck next time.
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.