Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Situation-Card still in system as Secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI Situation-Card still in system as Secured

So on Sunday I requested a CLI. I got the 2 day message. It's now Friday so I finally call. I get out on hold and there is tons of waiting and transferring. I finally get talked to and somehow I am told that their system is still treating my card like it is a secured card. This is odd because with my secured I could not even request a CLI, and also I have got a CLI since I graduated by hitting the button. But, she assured me it was not anything I did and "I have a stellar history with Discover" so there should be "no reason we shouldn't be able to give you an increase" but the system needs to get fixed first. She told me she was going to withdrawal this request and then in 24-48 hours I am just supposed to try again.

This seems very odd to me.... wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

Hmmmm. Only me.
Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI Situation-Card still in system as Secured

With as long as your card has been converted this is odd.  There have been a couple of people that have recently converted that have been experiencing this same issue where they had to remove the CLI request and then instantly get approved for one once they request it again.  Just keep checking to see if the form is available and hit it again Smiley Happy    This isn't why I kept pushing you to call them but, it's a good thing you did since you would have been in purgatory until it expired or you did finally call them and caught it.

Message 2 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

I knew I would not let t go the weekend. I'm worried if I hit it now, that it will freeze up in pending status again. Even the main person who answers the phone didn't see what was up-or the CLI woman. When I called she said let me put you on hold for 2-3 min to see if I can get you a decision on this... and then she came back and said the other stuff.

You really think I should hit it or do you think I should wait the 24-48 hours? The form is there now. It was right after our phone cal.

She even said she couldn't understand why this was happening since she saw the previous CLI I got and my card is definitely not secured. She said she put in a request to have it get fixed. So now I don't know if the 24-48 was to give whomever time to fix it or what.

Ahhhhh it is never simple. Smiley Happy
Watch me get denied after all this. Lol
Message 3 of 73
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Well, if it locks up then have them back it out or just call Lending 800-347-4856 directly and have them do it over the phone.  Literally less than a 5 minute call.

Message 4 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Locked up. Smiley Sad

Called and the guy I talked to said this is happening to others right now and they don't know why. They are just told to put in a request to have it fixed and have the customer try again in 24-48 hours. He too said "I can tell you it was nothing you did and I looked st your history and credit file and it is great. Thank you for your history with Discover" lol.
Message 5 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive now made more phone calls to credit card companies today than I have in the last 6 months. I HATE calling people. I much prefer chat or SM. Smiley Happy

(Now Austin will yell at me.......) lol
Message 6 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine unsecured in October and got an auto CLI at the time. I've been having the same problem as you since then requesting an increase saying that my card is secured in the system. Each month they say this is "new" and happening to everyone (past 4 months). I'll probably close it soon as it's my lowest limit and all my old secured cards (wells, Citi, Bank of America and FNBO) have all grown from 5k to 21 k since becoming unsecured
Message 7 of 73
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

So, now that it's not pending anymore for the 2nd time.  Why not go for the hat trick and ask them for a CLI over the phone??  You know as well as I do it doesn't always work the 1st 2nd 3rd or even 5th time for some people.  If they still can't do it over the phone then there's a need to maybe do something esle with it. This might even explain those around here that haven't converted yet if there's a glitch in the secured system.

Message 8 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's not a good sign @water.... I love my Discover Card. I'd be super bummed if I never got a CLi again.
Do you just get declined or do you get the 2 day message? Have they told you that they put in a request to get it fixed?

@austin.... I will call on Monday. Ive now been told to wait 24-48 hours twice. Gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and hopefully it is fixed on Monday.

Last mo I tried to get one and it was declined for "not enough time at current limit" or something like that. So that makes me wonder if my card is "secured" in the system why did it allow me to try and give me a decline reason that isn't the typical "your card is secured" reason. This is just.... odd.
Message 9 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to add some data points:

My card unsecured earlier this year and recieved an auto CLI from $1000 to $1500 at the 7 month mark. Immediatly asked for an increase and was given an instant approval of an additional $3000 to bring the line up to $4500.

March 1st was about 45 days since that happen and I request CLI online and was given two day message. It stayed pending longer than two days and through online chat was able to confirm a denail earlier this week. I just got the letter in the mail today and the reason for the denial is:

BANK INFORMATION NOT RECIEVED

Called in and was placed on hold. Was told they were aware of a glitch in the system and when I applied for the CLI they thought my card was still secured which they can see it is not. She said they beleive they will have the issue fixed in 48 hours but if I want, they can try again over the phone. I said sure and... denied...

She couldn't say why just that I would get another letter. She beleives it is still the same thing and encouraged me to try again in 48 hours. My CSR is my daily driver atm so I'm in no rush and it is doubtful that I will try again until the 1st of April. 

Message 10 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.