Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI declined everytime

tag
LCC_mk14
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover CLI declined everytime

I imagine getting married meant her income would “go up” for credit purposes which would give grounds for a larger credit line. Because you can claim both you and a spouse’s income.

Message 31 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I imagine getting married meant her income would “go up” for credit purposes which would give grounds for a larger credit line. Because you can claim both you and a spouse’s income.

You can claim both of your incomes regardless of whether or not you are married.  Discover, like many creditors, allows you to include all "household income" or income that is accessable to you.  Assuming the person was living with their significant other prior to getting married, that income wouldn't have changed by getting married.  Whether or not the poster included that income (of the spouse) prior on the Discover account we don't know.  Hopefully they stop back into the thread and clear that up.

Message 32 of 34
LCC_mk14
Regular Contributor

That's also true. Just seemed like the most logical answer.

Message 33 of 34
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

wrote:

I've had a Discover Chrome Card for 6 months with an $1000 limit, though I don't need an increase I'm just wondering when are new accounts able to get CLI?

From what I understand, first cli after having it for 90 days. Afterwards, ok monthly. Some still wait 60 or 90 days between. YMMV (And, we're talking unsecured, of course)

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.