Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI denied

tag
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Discover CLI denied

I went online and tried to app for a credit line increase was denied.  I've been given 2 increases since I've had this card from last october.  First one was $500 and next one was $1500.  Anyone given cli's and then when you try for one, you are denied? 

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Discover CLI denied

This is normal for Discover.
Wait one day after the next statement cuts and try again.
I've went up to 9 months without a CLI granted from them. Maybe even longer, can't remember that far back.lol
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its been a few months since I've gotten a CLI from Discover. I actually tried one today and was also denied. Actually tried on a few different cards today and all were declined.

Message 3 of 21
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Yeah it's a bummer.  I guess I'll try again next month.  Hopefully you guys get some soon tooSmiley Happy

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 4 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

This is my storySmiley Happy Who is Double Dip? SmhSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't even worry about it I am sure that's the story of like 80% of us when it comes to stingy Discover. Literally ALL of my CLIs have come when I have purposefully stopped using the card for three months at a time. I literally get an email from Discover notifying me of the CLI like "Hey, hey! Remember us? Don't forget about us! We are relevant! WE MATTER!"

I used to be madly in love with Discover when I first got them but now I look at them as "The Meg" of my credit cards. Don't get me wrong, their card designs, customer service and BT offers are awesome, but I don't like how they do CLIs no matter how conservative *eye roll* they are.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My record with Discover CLIs is something to the tune of 7 out of 50 or so, give or take.  That means I've had about 43 denials or so relative to my 7 approvals... so on average I expect denials at about a 6:1 ratio to approvals.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love Discover but they are very strange when in comes to CLI for me anyways. I was just denied a CLI however approved for a second card with them. 

Message 8 of 21
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

I'm at 6 months without a CLI on my Discover IT after receiving $500 CLIs every three months for the first nine months. If the quarterly categories didn't exist, this card would be closed and it may well be at the end of September.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

I'm at 6 months without a CLI on my Discover IT after receiving $500 CLIs every three months for the first nine months. If the quarterly categories didn't exist, this card would be closed and it may well be at the end of September.

Same here...I got a Discover IT with a $2500 SL last March, got CLI's like clockwork every 3 months for the first 9 months, but I've been stuck at $4500 since last December. Yet I got approved for a second Discover IT with $5000 SL in March and I'm now waiting to see if I get an auto-CLI after the June statement cuts. At this point, I'm planning to pay down the remaining balance on the older card and see about combining it into the new card next year, or at least transfer as much of the CL as I can from the older card to the newer one, assuming that's possible (I asked about it last week but haven't gotten an answer yet).

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.