cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI request prior to app for 2nd card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI request prior to app for 2nd card?

Just questioning whether to request CLI on year old first card before applying for second card or forego the cli request for now.

Prequaled last week but didn't pull the trigger. And probably due a CLI on my first card - last was 6 months ago or so.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover CLI request prior to app for 2nd card?

Doesnt matter. You will get what Discover has to offer, a cli request wont change that. Also, cli arent due anyone with Discover. There are people who go over a year or more with no cli, while others get one whenever they request. No way to plan a Discover cli  but using your card alot may increase your odds. Its also much harder now due to Covid but not impossible.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Joe. Yeah I realize disco is unpredictable. Should've worded that better. Just trying to convey that I haven't asked in a while.

Good to know the order doesn't matter.

Cheers.

Message 3 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Joe. Yeah I realize disco is unpredictable. Should've worded that better. Just trying to convey that I haven't asked in a while.

Good to know the order doesn't matter.

Cheers.

Your welcome. Its a good card to have. Still unemployed due to Covid 19 but hasnt stopped me from trying once or twice just to seeSmiley Wink. Both denials were due to low usage but nothing ventured nothing gained. I know i shouldnt but i accept the possibilty of card closure or cld. Ive got bigger worries than keeping a credit cardSmiley Wink. Good luck should you choose to go for a cli or new cardSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah no dice on the cli. I was hopeful since I ran quite a bit of spend last month and paid in full. Oh well, no biggie. Maybe next time.

Sorry for the job loss. Hope it's short term.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.