Did you mean: 

Discover CLI success for anyone?

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Discover CLI success for anyone?

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got my first CLI a few days ago.  I had requested one back at in January and it was denied and this last one was only a 1.5k increase (my SL was 10k back in Sept) I do use this card heavily and pay it frequently thourghout the month.  I was a bit disappointed with what was offered but still accepted it and will see if they offer more next month. 

Honestly, a $1.5K CLI is decent, especially for Disco, when many card holders just get a $500 CLI, or as you have experienced—nothing, nada. 

I say be happy and I congrats you on the CLI approval. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 31 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you and thanks for letting me know that this CLI is not as bad as I am imagining. 

Message 32 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

My CLI's have ranged from $500 to $4000 from Discover, so they are really all over the place.  My point here is just because you get one (that's either high or low) doesn't mean you won't see the converse at some point.

Message 33 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got denied twice by Discover in the past year. My current credit score is 696 Experian, 717 TransUnion, 717 Equifax. Discover sent me several preapproved notices. Anyways I'm like ok I will try one last time, if I dont get approved, I am done with them. They said in the letter they could tell me what credit cards of theirs I would qualify for without it hurting my credit score. Well they did a credit check and my score did go down a few points, I qualifed for only their "Discover It Secured Card", Where I put a minimum of $200.00 of my own money down. After 8 months of respondibile credit payments they would raise my credit limit. I have heard alot of good perks about Discover. I just can't remember them off hand. I started over on my credit in April 2018. My goal is 21 Credit Cards. I have 11 but only 6 are being acknowledged by the credit bureaus, So this month I made purchases on the others so the credit bureaus would at least start listing them.

Message 34 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve been denied constantly since I got the card last August (not really surprising - my payments are perfect but I have a couple derogs I’m working on that are holding me down). Today though I got the AJC Special, a $300 bump. Not much but I’ll take it.
Message 35 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you try the double dip?  May be worth it.  Sometimes when it rains, it pours.

Message 36 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BBS, I tried to DD via the app but 3 Benjamin was all they’d do at the time. No worries though. They flexed once, so whatever they didn’t like before is apparently not as bothersome now. I’ll try again in a month and see if I’m growing on them.
Message 37 of 84
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

If only Discover could tell me how I can get approved for an increase.

Do they want me to pay it down to zero?

I got it below 30 percent finally, it was at over 60.

I haven't been swiping it at all, just paying it. Literally sending them small payments every day pretty much.

Everyday? Why? This I don’t understand. 

To keep them happy and it feels less painful to pay small amounts than it does a big amount once. 

Message 38 of 84
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Has anyone gotten the  "we're reviewing your request and will let you know in 2 days?"

Does this usually mean denial?

Message 39 of 84
ZackAttack
Established Contributor

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

Has anyone gotten the  "we're reviewing your request and will let you know in 2 days?"

Does this usually mean denial?

If you get a message that's usually is a wait time, it just means the system can't verify so it will turn into a manual review. Sometimes having a manual review is better than getting denied right off the submit button.

MSGCU Rewards | $8kDiscover Cash It | $10kAmex BCP | $15kBest Buy Visa | $20kChase Freedom Flex | $8kDCU Platinum | $8kNFCU Plat | $35kNFCU cashRewards | $24kAffinity FCU Cash Rewards | $7kAmazon Prime | 12.5kChase Unlimited | 16.4kUSAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex | 10kAmex Business Cash | 10k

Loans
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/22/2023 ($299/month)
Closed
Michigan Schools & Gov't CU Titanium 1/4/2019 - 10/2/2020
Ford Credit Car Loan 3-year 7/31/2018-6/6/2021
$1,500 Discover Card 10/2/2020 - 8/18/2021
$3,500 Citi DC 10/14/2020 - 12/11/2021
$8,000 DCU Personal Loan 5-year 5.99% 10/2/2020 - 4/30/2021
$8,000 NFCU CashRewards 1/2/2021 - 7/30/2022
$5,000 MSGCU Personal Loan 3-year 7.75% 4/22/2022 - 10/30/2022
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/7/2021 - 6/22/2023
Message 40 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.