Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Re: Discover CLI success for anyone?

I hope so! 

Message 41 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve read that getting that manual review notice is about a 50/50. For me it was a denial the one time I got it. I’ve read several members’ posts that attested to it being granted.
Message 42 of 84
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

I guess I will find out in a few days. 

Message 43 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

I guess I will find out in a few days. 

I've gotten the manual review notice and did receive an increase. I can't remember how much, as it was about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. But I was happy with it. 

Message 44 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am mostly an observer here but this thread motivated me.  I paid down my credit cards, but my scores arent updated yet. My scores were down at 650s when I first got my discover IT with SL $2500 two years ago. I asked for CLI after 2 months and was given $500, jumping to $3000 credit limit. Its been a year and a half since then that I have been receiving denials only(only asked 4 times lol). 

It took me a year of gardening and paying down my credit cards from $29000 to $6500 . All my cards were maxed out but now all are paid down to zero except just one card left to pay off.  I apped for Amex blue cash preferred and was approved for $15000 a month ago. I tought let me try getting CLI on my Discover. Today my Experian FICO 8 is 744, the rest aren't updated yet. I called in the customer service and asked for CLI and got $900 making it $3900. I was hoping for better but hey, something is better than nothing. 

Ill try to do it again in two to three months. 

Message 45 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m at $1,000 CL since 2004. Yes. 15 years ago. Same CL. Every time I get denied. I’m debt free in Nov so let’s see if that helps. Was close to closing the account but it’s my oldest.
Message 46 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

15 years with no CLI?! Someone filled that bucket with cement and threw it in the river! 😳 

Message 47 of 84
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, luck would be they would apply for a new It and get a 30k slSmiley Wink
Message 48 of 84
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m at $1,000 CL since 2004. Yes. 15 years ago. Same CL. Every time I get denied. I’m debt free in Nov so let’s see if that helps. Was close to closing the account but it’s my oldest.

That is just not right!!

Message 49 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover is an interesting lender. I've heard people have luck ignoring the card a bit. Pay down the balance of course like you are while refraining from using it too much. I know two people who got auto CLIs by doing that.
Message 50 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.