Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Approval Odds from pre-qualified offers

tag
lemon_taiyaki
Established Member

Discover Card Approval Odds from pre-qualified offers

Good morning, 

I was wondering if anyone suggests applying through the pre-qualified offers on discovers website? It says I qualify for two cards...Discover it Cash back and Chrome. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Card Approval Odds from pre-qualified offers

Seems pretty solid to me. I was pre-qualified for the same two cards in July, got approved instantly. Go for it.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover prequals have been pretty solid. There's probably 90% that got approved with a prequal, myself included for both of my Discover cards. 

Message 3 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Never 100% for sure but usually solid. Ymmv of course. The only preapproval ive ever had in my life was for my Chrome this year and it was approved based on Disco preapproval.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both of my Discos came from offers in the Disco site like @Anonymous mentioned. 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,
I was in the same boat literally 5 hours ago. Had a pre approval for both the discover cash and chrome with solid Apr.
Decided to pull the trigger and got instant approved! SL is $1250 not great but I will take it concidering that I am in the middle of rebuilding with a fico of 631 across the board and a 120 day late payment roughly a year and a half ago. I say if you have pre approval offers you have a good chance to get approved.
Message 6 of 13
lemon_taiyaki
Established Member

anyone suggest waiting? i was offered a solid apr. the last card i opened was only a little over a month ago with Chase. maybe it's too soon?

Message 7 of 13
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

If it's Disco, I would trust it. If it's a card you can use, go for it! Let us know how it turns out!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 13
lemon_taiyaki
Established Member

Applying too soon?

Hi everyone, 

How soon is too soon to apply after being approved? 

2017 - Cap 1 Plat  $900 Limit (not increasing)

Sep 25th 2019 - Chase Freedom $3k Limit

11/12 Pre-qualified for Discover cards (IT & Chrome) with set 24.99 APR.

Should I wait to apply? I have a feeling i've decreased my length by opening my Chase freedom recently...

I keep my utilization below 25% always. I have two inquiries this year. 6months apart. 

Any opinions?

Message 9 of 13
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Re: Applying too soon?

Need more information. The more information you provide, the more of an informed opinion people can give you.

What are you applying for exactly?

What credit limits were you approved for?

What are your current FICO scores?

What is your current utilization?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.