Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Decline and I WILL NEVER Apply again

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Decline and I WILL NEVER Apply again

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover It's Q4 bonus of 5% cashback on all online spending is a big draw for me, since it coincides with not only Christmas but both my kids' birthdays. The Freedom can't really compare with that, since it's every store, everywhere, as long as you buy online.

upromise beats discover for online cash back most any day

Message 31 of 48
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover It's Q4 bonus of 5% cashback on all online spending is a big draw for me, since it coincides with not only Christmas but both my kids' birthdays. The Freedom can't really compare with that, since it's every store, everywhere, as long as you buy online.

+1 , I'm loving the rotating categories especially the 5% on gas this quarter, customer service is fantastic as well.

Message 32 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ShopDiscover?

Message 33 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to buy a new dryer just before Christmas since my old one died. 5% online + 10% Shopdiscover bonus cashback for Sears made it a bit less of a hit. I'm not sure any other card would have secured me 15% off the base price, but ymmv.

If I've learned only one thing from reading here for a few months, it's that diversification is the name of the game.

Message 34 of 48
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ShopDiscover?

yes and no!

washed my hands i swear i am clean

Message 35 of 48
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had to buy a new dryer just before Christmas since my old one died. 5% online + 10% Shopdiscover bonus cashback for Sears made it a bit less of a hit. I'm not sure any other card would have secured me 15% off the base price, but ymmv.

If I've learned only one thing from reading here for a few months, it's that diversification is the name of the game.

upromise is 10% all the time.....thank ponies it went out during that 1/4 of the year that the online cash back bonus was there

Message 36 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

I'm staying away from discover as well.....they don't wanna throw you a bone for anything unless you're squeaky clean

Don't know about that.

637 EQ FICO with Midland collections (2) for 6+ yr old C/O's showing along with said C/O's and 2 medical baddies as well got me $1,800 and 6 mos 0%..

Yeah, but your tricky...you know who. Watergate didn't even sink you. What chance does Discover have?

Message 37 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

They told me I was denied because of a repossession..... Has anyone ever heard of this with Discover??? I said the same as you I will never apply again... would've been nice though.

Message 38 of 48
ddemari
Super Contributor

I have applied for discover 8 times in the past 16 months. One 16 months ago they pulled tu now its eq every time and decline. Recon no go, zero interest in me. The last time applied i had 2% uti and a 675 EQ FICO. They wouldnt even consider a secured card which i dont need: but as a way to get in id do it. Income 75k and i have one paid charge off from 2009 and one not pai from 2008 for 300 dollars. They will not let me in either op
Message 39 of 48
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So very true.  No one lender deserves ALL our business.  That includes banking. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.