Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Double Dip HP?

tag
codefreak13
Regular Contributor

Discover Double Dip HP?

Good morning, I just hit the LUV button for my first non-auto increase on my Discover card. I called 1-800-347-4856 and said I was hoping for a bit more. The nice lady said she could do it but that it would have to be a HP. I said ok thanks I would have to think about it. She said to make sure to call back today or else I would not be able to do this.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else? I thought they just said yes w/ SP or no?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
codefreak13
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover Double Dip HP?

Disregard, I'm seeing recent posts saying they offer an HP pull if there's nothing left on the table with the SP. Thanks.

Message 2 of 6
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

@codefreak13 wrote:

Disregard, I'm seeing recent posts saying they offer an HP pull if there's nothing left on the table with the SP. Thanks.

What you just stated is correct. With my experience though as long as nothing has gone for the worse on your profile the HP might be worth your while. Up until my last increase everytime I let them hardpull me I would receive another 2,500. The last time I did they gave me an additional 5K. So if you're not really gardening for anything and you had a HP to waste then I would say go for it.

As of 11/28/2018
Message 3 of 6
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Agreed, if you don't want the HP that's usually what they say and there's not more available w/o the HP. I decided why not on the HP a few weeks ago and got an additional $5,500. Good luck whatever you decide.

Robot Very Happy

Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I didnt even get offered a chance at hp cli when I recently tried to dd. YmmvSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 6
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

Sometimes they don't AJC. I just ask if it's possible for them to pull my credit for another consideration and they transfer me to the department lol

As of 11/28/2018
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.