Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT secured

I’m in the process of rebuilding but very anxious to start with some graduating cards like citi and discover. At what score would you recommend one to inquire? Tried at 470 FICO after paying off lates and deleted some collections without success.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Discover IT secured

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m in the process of rebuilding but very anxious to start with some graduating cards like citi and discover. At what score would you recommend one to inquire? Tried at 470 FICO after paying off lates and deleted some collections without success.

There really is no particular score at which you should try. It's profile dependent. 

Discover has preapproval page, it's pretty reliable.  I am not sure about Citi's criteria for secured cards, might be one of those where you have to apply to find out. 

You might want to look into local CUs. They will often have starter/secured cards. 

If none of them work, you may want to consider Open Sky. No HP, wait six months, then try for a different card. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.