Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It card offer any good?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It card offer any good?

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I apped and was prompted to call and verify information. So I called and wasn't even asked to verify anything. Was immediately told my app was denied, but I could do some kind of joint application or something. Told them I wasn't interested.

I must say it was quite disheartening. I guess I will crawl back under my credit rock for a while longer. 🤕

This is extremely strange.  I'd suggest contacting the Recon dept and see if they can issue you a line.  At the very least they usually share the reasons for the denial.  

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

dang man that is bitter sweet I know how u feel.  I have a discover denial inquiry still on my report from 2014.  They kept sending me mailers and two years later I re app'd and they approved me for my highest SL limit....so go figure.  I know you are licking your wounds but Discover has been a pretty awesome card. I like the cash back option at grocery stores and their website, app, and direct U.S. customer service is the best of any of my current cards.

Message 12 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I apped and was prompted to call and verify information. So I called and wasn't even asked to verify anything. Was immediately told my app was denied, but I could do some kind of joint application or something. Told them I wasn't interested.

I must say it was quite disheartening. I guess I will crawl back under my credit rock for a while longer. 🤕

Sorry to hear OP.  I was sure you would get approved in my opinion.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I got my denial letter and the reason was INSUFFICIENT CREDIT HISTORY. Oh well I will just let what I have grow and as soon as I have a pre approval with Cap1, I will app for them. Then most likely wait another 6 months and app for Discover again. Perhaps it's for the best, I would probably have gotten a small SL
Message 14 of 15
drboxing
Established Contributor

I burned discover in 2008 with BK. After 1-3 tries, they finally approved me this past November.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.