Discover Pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Pull

@Remedios wrote:

@SoCalifornia wrote:
@Remedios

I know, I KNOW! Why can't I help myself!? Why, oh why must the the Credit gods toy with my emotions so?

Because it's new and exciting 

And cause rejection sucks. 

Message 11 of 30
calyx
Super Contributor

From your personal experiences;
•Which bureau did Discover pull from for you? EQ
•Did you cold app or were you pre-approved? Pre-approved
•What was your score at the time? 655
•What SL were you approved for? 1200
•Any other useful info? I was checking pre-qual to see if I was approved for the secured; I had no luck previously and was shocked at the preapproval for the not-secured.   

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 12 of 30
paula629
Contributor

From your personal experiences; •

Which bureau did Discover pull from for you?   EXPERIAN

Did you cold app or were you pre-approved?    PRE-APPROVED

What was your score at the time?   684

What SL were you approved for?   $6k

Any other useful info?  My NFCU Flagship was over the limit $2,155......and i was still approved.  im sure if it had been below the limit my SL would have been greater

01/21/2021: EQ FICO 636 TU FICO 688 EX FICO 683 br>Goal:850
AMEX Delta Platinum $1k| Macys AMEX $1k| CARE CREDIT $6,600| NFCU AMEX $13.5k|NFCU Platinum $8k|DISCOVER $6k| NFCU LOC $13k| NORDSTROM $2200| Neiman Marcus $3k| PENFED CashRewards $10k| Value City Furniture $7,500k| LOWES $17k| Target $200|VW lease $13k| LFCU Pool loan $77k| NFCU auto $25k|BMW Auto $73k|Student loans $42k
*Entering garden May 2021*

Utilization: 47%
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in NY, and was preapproved with a solid APR (the ringer that you’ll likely be approved). Got an SL of $2800 with an EX pull of 627.
Message 14 of 30
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

•Which bureau did Discover pull from for you?
•Did you cold app or were you pre-approved?
•What was your score at the time?
•What SL were you approved for?
•Any other useful info?

My college age kids both applied in Feb and were accepted.  They both are AU on my DW's and my CC's, but the Discover was their first very own CC.  They both got the Student Chrome, but the Student IT was another option.

- Pulled EQ for both

- Pre-qualified

- Both had EX FICO 8 scores of 737 at time of the app (didn't have a way to see EQ at that time)

- Youngest with $6000 income got a $1250 SL, oldest with $22,000 income got a $2000 SL.

I app'd in March for a Discover IT.  It was my 3rd CC, one a CapOne QS and the other Care Credit (used debit card all these years).

- Pulled EQ

- Pre-qualified

- Had EQ FICO 8 score of 739 at app time

- Given $11,000 SL

- Have a BK7 from 2012 still on reports, aggregrate UTI was around 5% and most of that was on Care Credit which was at 9% UTI

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was pre approved by mail and online I checked both of course they pulled Experian for me with 5 hp's 7 months AAOA and a 705 score 4 new accounts in 12 months with a $4500 SL my biggest limit by far hope this helps your decision! Good luck!
Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the bureau depends on which state you live in. Based on my reports Discover pulls from Experian here in Georgia - both hard and soft. 

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

•Which bureau did Discover pull from for you? EX was pulled for app, but for all my CLI requests they soft pull TU
•Did you cold app or were you pre-approved? Cold app 
•What was your score at the time? ~740 EX
•What SL were you approved for? 2K

Message 18 of 30
joltdude
Senior Contributor

We get it, noone likes rejection even from Miss Disco....

Though at this point your very likely to be overthinking it, vacellating, and procrastinating.... You got this.... I'm like you in that I try to dust and polish the scores and check my house before i invite guests to the party.... =) (So waiting for stuff to report, and even possibly paying off some small balances and checking on utilization, and even pulling reports or waiting for reports to report ) .... 

Unless there is something your not saying... (like theres some new baddie or you have a credit STD of some sort)... For the love of MyFico just take a leap of faith already.. you already have a safety cable.... 

Discodad

-J

Message 19 of 30
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Thanks to all who have fronted up good info.

@Saeren
Yes. I may have some deep-seeded past rejection issues of some sort. However, success can also be scary too 🤷🏽‍♂️

@joltdude
As perhaps you may have noticed with my screen name, compulsion controls me. I realize I am overthinking and procrastinating. Honestly, I'm pretty confident of approval, it's just in the likelihood I am approved, I want the best limit my report can pull off. My youngest baddie is going on two years old.
I'm stressing for no reason.

As far as I know, I don't have any STD's of any kind. 👌🏽

So, what you're saying is, screw all that, hit the button? Just for clarification 😁

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.