Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured and Unsecured

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Discover Secured and Unsecured

hi all

Has anyone been able to get an unsecured Discover it card while still having a secured Discover it card?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Secured and Unsecured

This is a question I think everyone has but I'm not sure if you can get two Discover IT cards. Maybe the Discover Miles as the unsecured?

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I have not heard of anyone having a secured and an unsecured IT card at the same time. I have heard you need to wait a year between opening to get 2 discover products (i.e. IT and Miles)
Scores hover around 800
Haven't been AZEO in over a year
Rome was not built in a day, neither is a good credit profile
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@dragontears wrote:
I have not heard of anyone having a secured and an unsecured IT card at the same time. I have heard you need to wait a year between opening to get 2 discover products (i.e. IT and Miles)

I haven't heard of it either!

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

+1

Total Credit: $240,100Credit Utilization: 1%AAoA: 5 years, 7 monthsInstallments: Car Lease, Marcus LoanNegatives: 0

LOWES-35k | BOA-32.5k | AMEX-30k | DISC-27.1k | ALLIANT-25k | NFCU-25k | BARC-15k | BBUY-12k | CHASE-10k | WAL-10k | CITI-9.7k | PENFED-9.7k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.